Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Suggestions

[ QUOTE ]
If you're not looking for specific fish, try to find shorthanded .5/1 games. Most of the players there were there when everyone left, or are waiting for it to fill up. That being said, they don't know how to adjust to a shorthanded game, and will either fold everything or call down everything. They'll continue to suck when the game fills up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only a good idea if you can adjust to shorthanded yourself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 01:43 PM

lol good point
Old 05-16-2005, 02:11 PM

I don't spend time on table selection. The texture of a table is changing all the time.

What I do spend time on is leaving tables when the game gets bad for me. It took me a long time to learn this lesson, but I think it is important.

As for adjusting your game I think a lot has been said about adjusting your VP$IP for the sake of numbers. You shouldn't worry about that. Be more aware of your pfr%. It is in learning which spots to play or pass that make the winrate go up.

BTW, I play at party and stars and will toss in my two cents that party is usually a bit looser.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:18 PM

My PFR % is around 6, how good/bad is this?
Old 05-16-2005, 03:20 PM

rotten
Old 05-16-2005, 03:28 PM

Terrible. Doubling it would be better.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:25 PM

I know this is difficult to answer, but how do I do that. What hands are raisable that I am not raising with

PP 99-AA
AK-AJ
KQ
KQs-KJs
QJs
AKs-ATs

Suggestions would help.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:47 PM

For the most part, you can't just make a list of hands to raise. Some hands you can say "raise every time", but you'd still be wrong. The point is that you raise both on the quality of your cards, and the table situation. To get in more raises, go for more steals, and maybe more isolation attempts. Other than that, just read the SSHE chart.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this is difficult to answer, but how do I do that. What hands are raisable that I am not raising with

PP 99-AA
AK-AJ
KQ
KQs-KJs
QJs
AKs-ATs

Suggestions would help.

[/ QUOTE ]

A wide range of hands can be raised in the correct situations. Today the guy two seats to my left quit the table because I "always raised on the button." Of course I did not 'always' raise on the button, just quite a bit.

It takes a bit of experience to understand that a pfr is only 1 SB, it does not commit you to anything postflop and makes hands easier to play for you...and tougher for your opponents.

Last session I recall raising Q9s from the CO versus two limpers who were slightly loose/passive. If I am going to play this hand, why not raise?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: PP table selection. Here's what I've been doing - please feel free to add suggestions. I play mostly $.50/$1 and $1/$2. I don't use GT or PV, so when I sit at a table I usually have little info on it and just have to assume it is a "normal" PP table. I do use PT after each session and I meticulously export the notes on my opponents. Based on this information, I have an extensive buddy list (and a separate "all-star" superfish list). To select a table, I search for my buddies, especially the all-stars, and open up the tables where they're sitting. If there are too many TAAs already staking out my fish, I'll leave. If there are just a bunch of unknowns or average players I'll join the wait list (making sure the fish is still there when my seat opens up). I do this for as many tables as I can until I'm too busy playing (I usually 3-table because it lets me use my 4th table to check for jucier games while I'm playing). Oh yeah, another thing is that I'll often get up and leave soon if the table is too tight or if some of the unknowns seem scary. There are lots of tables to choose from, so no need to sit with 3 other known TAAs. So far, so good, but I'm sure it could be improved.

BTW, this is a change from my previous strategy of choosing the table with the higest ave. pot size. I've found those games to be unpredictable. Sometimes very loose and sometimes very aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you find your "buddies" on Party? I only recently started playing on the site, and I haven't stumbled across any guide on how to create a buddies list.