Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: quite possibly the dummest hand i\'ve ever experienced...

i'm bankrolled for 5/10, and i played it once. hit 2 sets and quickly left cuz i wet my pants winning so much in such a short period of time (hey! i just moved from 2/4 to 3/6 and i still wasn't used to 3/6)

money-wise it doesn't bother me anymore. there are still some times when a player makes a bonehead move and i'd be like wtf! but otherwise, i don't know how much i've won or lost in a session until i import the hands into PT.

i think this hand just happened to be 2 players wanting to do something stupid both at the same time.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:43 PM

38-2 plus an expectation of being showered with gold on the big streets. You have easy implied odds to call two more and try for a set.

In this manner you avoid making any hard decisions until the next street when you might know more.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:56 PM

if I was ever in a hand where there was 2 limp rerasies PF, it would take an nuclear explosion for me to NOT see a showdown. They've held up a sign for you that says "im a donk retard", dont ever fold an overpair against donk retards.

Note: I guess the first LRR could be legitimate, but 85% of the time at low limits the LRR is never a big hand, so I still treat him like at least semi retarded
Old 05-15-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note: I guess the first LRR could be legitimate, but 85% of the time at low limits the LRR is never a big hand, so I still treat him like at least semi retarded

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I think it correlates quite closely with player type.

When a tight/passive open backraises I start looking for reasons to dump my hand. Seems like on a really good day it's only kings.

It's very rare for a very loose/passive (say 60/2) player to make such a play but once again you are probably screwed when it does happen. Often they have the monster but sometimes they will produce a second-tier hand like JJ or AQs.

TAGs can be either AA/KK or a legitimate volume hand (55, JTs). It doesn't come up very often.

LAGs usually have some type of volume hand that is a little short of their usual PFR standards.

Maniacs and tilters have whatever two cards they were dealt that do not meet their own minimal PFR standards.