Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Fitness: Running Before Bed

Are you really fat?
Old 05-15-2005, 12:23 AM

If you haven't done it in a while and are over weight you are not running a mile. You may run/walk a mile, but you are not going to be running a mile.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you really fat?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I didn't say fat...but I'm heavier than I'd like. I'm used to being in pretty good shape.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you haven't done it in a while and are over weight you are not running a mile. You may run/walk a mile, but you are not going to be running a mile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf people? A mile is ridiculously easy. It's really pathetic and depressing that so many people think a mile is hard.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf people? A mile is ridiculously easy. It's really pathetic and depressing that so many people think a mile is hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they imagine a 5 minute mile? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I agree....running a mile isn't really all that challenging. Sprinting it is hard though.

Jake, what would be the time parameters you'd place on a mile run that *would* make it fairly to quite hard?

Yugoslav
Old 05-15-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree....running a mile isn't really all that challenging. Sprinting it is hard though.

Jake, what would be the time parameters you'd place on a mile run that *would* make it fairly to quite hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell I dunno. I guess like you said, some kind of time limit. My only point was that a mile isn't very far at all. I'd say unless you're morbidly obese or disabled anyone with a sack should be able to force a mile out of their body.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:36 AM

Gotta say the Ray Zee is dead wrong this time. Running is one of the best exercises you can do. But you must do it AT LEAST 3 times a week for it to be effective. Start with a mile and work up to 3. Its not that difficult if you add 1/4 mile every 10 days. If you're a really fat fcuk right now and you can't do a mile, start with 1/2 a mile and move up every 10 days.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta say the Ray Zee is dead wrong this time. Running is one of the best exercises you can do. But you must do it AT LEAST 3 times a week for it to be effective. Start with a mile and work up to 3. Its not that difficult if you add 1/4 mile every 10 days. If you're a really fat fcuk right now and you can't do a mile, start with 1/2 a mile and move up every 10 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can move up faster than that. Also, running is good for the bones - forces them to keep building/regen. Helps a great deal for later on in life. When it comes to exercise, don't listen to Ray Zee.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell I dunno. I guess like you said, some kind of time limit. My only point was that a mile isn't very far at all. I'd say unless you're morbidly obese or disabled anyone with a sack should be able to force a mile out of their body.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Running a mile" is being used to mean a lot of different things in this thread, I think. Are you running at near top speed for the entire mile without a break? Are you running/jogging medium speed the entire time? Are you running, walking, running, walking?

Sure, almost anybody can make it to somewhere 1+ miles away while mostly running, but not necessarily straight through without a break.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can move up faster than that. Also, running is good for the bones - forces them to keep building/regen. Helps a great deal for later on in life. When it comes to exercise, don't listen to Ray Zee.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like the OP had not run in awhile. Just trying to ease him into it. But you are correct.