Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Famous/Infamous Railbirds of Atlantic City.

[ QUOTE ]
where was he playing chess?

[/ QUOTE ]

in that little lobby area between the new tournament setup and the high limit side. against the wall shared with the main poker room.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where was he playing chess?

[/ QUOTE ]

in that little lobby area between the new tournament setup and the high limit side. against the wall shared with the main poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]
how many people are there playing chess?
i rarely go to taj, i dont even know what new tourny setup youre talking about. but id like to see some of the chess action. im assuming they are gambling on it?
i wonder if they are any good?
im no master, but i would kick much ass back in the day at the pool hall [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how many people are there playing chess?
i rarely go to taj, i dont even know what new tourny setup youre talking about. but id like to see some of the chess action. im assuming they are gambling on it?
i wonder if they are any good?
im no master, but i would kick much ass back in the day at the pool hall

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if they were gambling on it, and they were just sitting on the floor playing. As far as if they were any good, I'm guessing someone who does calculus problems for fun has a decent chance at also being good at chess. I only saw it twice maybe, so its by no means a regular thing.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:18 AM

Wow, I feel like a degenerate since I know EVERY ONE of these people except one. I don't know Carlos' background story, but he is a tough player at the Borg 40 game. Everyone else you pretty much hit the nail on the head. The key to being a regular in AC... NEVER EVER EVER LEND MONEY TO ANYONE. EVER.

Jeff
Old 05-13-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The key to being a regular in AC... NEVER EVER EVER LEND MONEY TO ANYONE. EVER.
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
words to live by
Old 05-13-2005, 12:39 PM

Prodigy,

Awesome post.

I know all of the players on your list.

Carlos now plays in the $40 and $80 games at the Borgata.
He once borrowed $5.00 from me and never payed me back. Now I just bum a smoke from him.

I have seen Patches around the room since I started playing. I do not have a problem with him at all.

I know Timmy very well. He made a lot of money off of a slot machine scam, and is still bust. Go figure.

I hardly ever see Leo play, however I always see him seating the games.

Pat does crack me up.

You left out guys like Kenny Action, Flip and Boris. Although these guys play and I would not consider them railbird.

Very entertaining post. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prodigy,

Awesome post.

I know all of the players on your list.

Carlos now plays in the $40 and $80 games at the Borgata.
He once borrowed $5.00 from me and never payed me back. Now I just bum a smoke from him.

I have seen Patches around the room since I started playing. I do not have a problem with him at all.

I know Timmy very well. He made a lot of money off of a slot machine scam, and is still bust. Go figure.

I hardly ever see Leo play, however I always see him seating the games.

Pat does crack me up.

You left out guys like Kenny Action, Flip and Boris. Although these guys play and I would not consider them railbird.

Very entertaining post. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i didnt want to mention the slot machine scandal, but I'm pretty suprised you know about it. So do you know who the ringleader was and who did and didn't cet caught? Hehe, very suprised. We may know each other, but I'd like to keep my identity on 2+2 annonymous.

Carlos Mendez is a scumbag, I hope he lives a painful and miserable life. I know him from back in the day at the trop. He thinks he's better than everyone, but apparently he is broke again and is being backed by some fish. I don't know who in the right mind would back him. He is a conartist for life, I'm not suprised he scammed you for $5. Can you describe Kenny Action and Flip?

When you say Boris, are you talking about Boris that is/used to be bankrolled by Nicky D? The guy that wears glasses, and is a hunchback, looking like frankenstein.
Have any experience backing Timmy? LOL.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:16 PM

When you say Boris, are you talking about Boris that is/used to be bankrolled by Nicky D? The guy that wears glasses, and is a hunchback, looking like frankenstein.

The one and only. Nicky D, the guy who looks just like Fred Flintone.

Hehe, very suprised. We may know each other, but I'd like to keep my identity on 2+2 annonymous.

We do most likely.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:51 PM

I think Carlos once told me he was from PR. He surely doesn't look Mexican to me, nor does the group he runs with.

Carlos never borrowed money from me, but I heard stories.

Ditto with Patches. Lots of stories, and not just from Mike, lol.

Funny how I have such a different viewpoint of AC than so many others. Having been around the poker scene for ten years (mostly through my Mom's eyes) in Vegas, I found AC a very refreshing, decent place. I was amazed that the difference between AC poker and Vegas poker (pre-poker boom).

I didn't want to leave, but we had to move west. I still think back on those days, and I definitely prefer east coast poker to anything out here (Vegas and Cali poker).

Lots of people whine and complain about what a cesspool AC it, how grungy AC locals are, how inconsistent Foxwoods rules are, but I think either they haven't played extensively around the country, or they just have some kind of rose colored glasses on, when they think of other places, because I have never been as happy with the poker world as I was when I was out east.

Granted, I haven't played in AC since July 2003, so my info might be dated, but I sure wish I could go back.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net
Old 05-13-2005, 02:04 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
because I have never been as happy with the poker world as I was when I was out east.

[/ QUOTE ]

stud player, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]