Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: 1000 tournies, question about moving on up

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had no intention of mixing and matching stack sizes, I think its terrible idea too. Based on the post in regard to playing around the good players on the $30s I am not sure if that holds enough merit to just play between the $20s and $50s.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't seem that big a deal to me. The extra 200 chips buy you a a little bit more time to catch a good hand or push in a more opportune spot.

So when you 4-table, sometimes you are short-stacked and sometimes you have the big-stack. Sometimes the big stack is bullying you, and sometimes the big stack is passive. Are you saying that it's difficult to adjust to different tables and different strategies? These issues seems much more critical than the fact that you have 800 chips or 1000 chips on Level 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

It more of an issue later. When there are 4 players left, the average stack will have 500 more chips.

In a 800 chip game, if you get 2500 chips, you can often start thinking about vegas and the fxxking mirage. In a 1000 chip game, you have more work left.

It's just an adjustment of your internal clock. Again, I'm sure many people don't care.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just being conservative about the bankroll (waiting for 60 buyins for the $55s)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me, or does this seem like a fairly low bankroll considering you are playing 8 tournaments at a time?

Personally I don't know how you can play at all when you have 5 or 6 tables left with 3-5 players on everyone one. I would want the time to make notes and have reads on my opponents.

Good luck with the challenge though. I had a challenge when I first started on Party Poker to earn enough for a new set of Callaway Irons. I knocked that out in about 3 months and I love 'em. I haven't looked back since.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:38 PM

I appreciate your responses and am considering the following:

buy / buyin = AM / peak hrs

20s / 30s
playing all 30s
30s / 50s

I probably shouldn't play the $20s to increase my ability. So I'm considering playins all 30s simply to get better which will likely lead to a lower ROI but larger confidence? Any, new thoughts?

when I post the offical challenge, I'll give my screen names, etc.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:11 PM

darnit this whole thread sounds like i'm about to get swamped in the 50s with a dickload of 2+2ers. now i'm going to have to move up.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:11 PM

when are you starting this challenge and how many hours do you plan to play/day?

4 or 8 tabling?
Old 05-11-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
darnit this whole thread sounds like i'm about to get swamped in the 50s with a dickload of 2+2ers. now i'm going to have to move up.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't played past the 30s yet, but it seems like as soon as you move past the 20s the tables at every level are going to usually have atleast a couple of good players/2+2ers. I'm not ready to move up to the 50s anyway, I think I'll look over my stats at the 30s (which aren't that good so far) and maybe post them for comments.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:31 PM

I will play 3 table 200NL 6 person and half the time and i guarrentee i bet your tournament results. Too much variation in torunies. Care to wager on the outcome???? Loser pays for others next AC trip. HOLLA, ps i wish you luck buddy i hope you win 2K so we can go to VEGAS BABY VEGAS
Old 05-11-2005, 04:40 PM

I'd say I normally recognize about 1-3 good multi tablers at my tables in the 55s. Of course some are better than others though. A good sng player at this level has a lot of exploitable weaknesses though. I play almost exclusively during the day too and at night the games tend to be a lot different.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when are you starting this challenge and how many hours do you plan to play/day?

4 or 8 tabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

likely tonight or tomorrow morning, 8 tabling.

I need to play 8.45 hrs/day for 11 to make 1k touraments.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will play 3 table 200NL 6 person and half the time and i guarrentee i bet your tournament results. Too much variation in torunies. Care to wager on the outcome???? Loser pays for others next AC trip. HOLLA, ps i wish you luck buddy i hope you win 2K so we can go to VEGAS BABY VEGAS

[/ QUOTE ]

the goal is higher, 20% on 1000 tournies. I should make $500 in rake, I only have rakeback in one account, which sucks.