Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: 30/60 against 2+2er

Isn't anyone folding when it's capped preflop?
Old 05-11-2005, 11:10 AM

Once UTG+1 sponges up all the bets probably not. It's not the most exciting place to be.... and our implied odds are crappy....but getting 7:1 to see a 16SB flop is not all bad.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:38 AM

Hi geormiet,

I think if you call preflop, it needs to be with the intention of letting go on the river in this kind of situation.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really? Could you elaborate on this a little for me? I have found it to be almost a necessity in some games. I realize you weren't 100% against this play, but you suggested that you basically never do it. I was hoping you could give me some insight as to why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you have a maniac who is 100% raising preflop and you use this to your advantage. It just seems you lose by limping As or Ks preflop.

By showing weakness of your hand can sometimes get you in some very hard situations postflop because people misjudge your hand.

I also play a lot of 6-max and to me it's not worth it especially when the morons would call 2 cold anyway but not raise, and I don't care to go against a buttload of morons.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:41 PM

This hand looks familiar. You should be overlimping KJs to the UTG limp and fold it to the limp-cap there. Although the UTG+1 tard was giving you pretty good odds to chase once you called the cap. Once you see the flop I'd call down given that you will see QQ some % of the time and have the odds to chase your 5 outs when behind.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:47 PM

I don't understand this thread very much.

If the players behind me are very tight, I would raise against the solid limper putting him on a drawing hand or small/medium pocket pair.
Otherwise I might limp. Calling the cap is a tough one and I think its close.

What I don't understand is everyone saying you should fold on the river? If you're beat, you were beat on the turn and should probably fold there b/c you're likely drawing to 2 outs and 5 at the most (so avg it as 3).
Folding on the river to me seems silly.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:49 PM

After two limpers, I don't think you should raise this. It's not that great a hand, and it prefers multiway action.

I would strongly consider folding preflop after the cap.

But I think your biggest mistake in the hand was not raising the flop. He could have QQ or JJ and play it the same way. So your raise would be to gain information.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:30 PM

I do like overlimping the KJs agaisnt a solid utg, but I was actually thinking ahead at the time - I was very suspicious of utg's limp, and I decided to raise to see if he would 3 bet. The button's cap is what really foiled my plans.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What I don't understand is everyone saying you should fold on the river? If you're beat, you were beat on the turn and should probably fold there b/c you're likely drawing to 2 outs and 5 at the most (so avg it as 3).
Folding on the river to me seems silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Toast,

One line of reasoning is that as of the turn, you likely still have outs, and the pot is large enough to justify a chase, especially since you're closing the action. There is also the possibility that UTG is firing away with a PP < K, and may end up checking the river. As of the river, you have more information: Namely, you've essentially missed your draw, the UTG is still firing, and UTG+1 is still calling. I think It's really tough to make an overcall with TP3K here.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:02 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

not suggesting he was doing this, but limp-raising with 77 to make a tight player fold a pretty good hand like KJs would be a pretty sick move