Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Imperial Palace

[ QUOTE ]
Excalibur isn't the place for fish anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good observation. I strongly agree that there are considerably more locals than there used to be. Over the past year, more and more locals have poured into the Excalibur poker room. Especially the $2-6 and the $1/2 NL game.

But, night after night, on average, I still think the Excalibur poker room has more novice players than any other room in Vegas. The low spread limit games, large quantity of tables, and beginner-friendly environment definitely attract the fish. Especially on WEEKENDS! (You've got to give me that the weekends are still very good [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

Plus, when that $1-3 list is full, you know you're gonna get some shark bait at the $2-6 game.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:57 AM

anyone play there a lot? Im gonna go check it out this weekend, how do you maximize your comps? will 100$NL suffice ?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:40 AM

I was at the IP last week, Wednesday night, and I do not believe they had a NL game going. On the other hand I know they did have one going most of the time I was there in January. So, it probably does depend on the demand.

I do not think I would say the level of play when I was there was exceptionally bad but it wasn't exceptionally good either.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:46 AM

I agree with AllVegasPoker on this one. I played there a bit last week and consistantly saw people who were locals, many of whom I recognized from a year before.

All in all the games were good though with the exception of one evening when we were at a terrible table. Couldn't keep it full with usually about 6 players including my wife and I, two local rocks and two players who had a good handle on what they were doing. Should have just left and come back later but I figured it would be a good lesson for my wife who is just learning. Funniest part was she ended up ahead and I was down.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Add to it:
He had BO, maybe parts to 3 front teeth left, and a backpack with him. Hmmmmm!
But, then he whips out his CELL phone and he only ordered COKES to drink, very puzzling table image, I put him on a VERY OLD looking 55.

I digress...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I've heard this story before. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] 2 more days till I hit town.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 10:54 AM

If you are referring to IP comps, all you need to do is get a players club card (which you can sign up for online and just pick up when you get there), give it to the desk when you get to the poker room and they will add $3 an hour to your card. Couldn't be any easier. Actually, when we went last week I asked if my wife could just be comped on my card and they said no but they would set one up for her right there and they did while we played! Very nice people there.

If you refer to Excalibur, not sure. I have heard of some folks getting like a $4 food credit but not consistantly. They also have a "buffet" available for the poker players every evening with the exception of, I believe, Saturday.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:25 PM

The best 1/2 NL game i've played in was the Aladdin, i've doubled my buy in , in less than 10 mins easiest NL game i've found in Vegas bar none. However, the dealers arent very friendly nor is management. The game however is juicy little to no locals at any time and people with deep pockets. Last time i was there, a doctor was playing i think he poured 1k out of his pockets onto the tables. The down side is they usually only have about 1 table going, sometimes 2 if you're lucky. Hope this helps.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ordered COKES to drink,

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe thats why people look at me funny.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:11 PM

played 1/2 NL at the Imperial Palace tonight--- and here is an example of how absolutely HORRIBLE the players are.

it's heads-up on the turn. One guy bets $25... board has 3 spades... the other guy thinks for a long long time--- then turns his cards face up to show a baby flush, then pushes all-in for $40 more.

first bettor thinks for a while, then calls... shows a AKo for top pair top kicker, no spades--- drawing dead.

it might have been the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen at a NL table.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:14 PM

they regularly spread a NL 1/2 game, $100 max buy-in, $40 min.... weeknights and weekends, though sometimes the game breaks relatively early (before 2am) on weeknights.