Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Aces > Lowish Flop > Action

See, the problem with this board is that although it's low, it's coordinated as coordinated can be, so if you're up against a player who likes to play SCs from any position, you can easily be up against 78, 89, 97 if he's on the loose side as many players on Stars are. With the all-in raise and SB's call of a huge bet, I really don't like putting too much more money in the pot, but of course, you're ahead of a lot of hands that that SB or MP2 could be holding and SB's stack isn't really deep enough for you to be making a really difficult decision.

I really hate playing aces 3-way because you get into these situations and just really don't get much of an idea of where you stand. That other guy's idea of folding might not have been bad, since I have difficulty believing that you're beating 2 players on this board, but given the size of the pot and the fact that SB could be calling with a bare T (maybe even a bare 6 if he's really bad), I think you should probably just reraise the SB all-in, since you're likely ahead of him, and get some dead money in there to recoup some of your loss if MP2 outdrew you.

Man, I'm almost at a loss now, but I think that your best bet here is to just go ahead and put SB all-in because the pot's big, you're likely ahead of him and there are a decent number of turn cards that you're not going to want to see.

Also, it does look like MP2 has a PP that he thinks is good. I have trouble believing that he calls off 1/6th of his stack with SCs, so his most likely holding is a PP that he was planning on pushing on any flop, so if he got lucky and spiked a set on you, you've really gotta pay it off.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Aces > Lowish Flop > Action

Folding here isn't good. I'm getting almost 5:1. I agree this situation is absolutely terrible for Aces, but I can't fold here. I agree that I should probably just put him in and pray I'm still ahead. Too much in the pot. If the original raise was much bigger, or the caller had a much bigger stack, I would defenitely play this different.

-----
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed)

Button ($98)
SB ($50)
BB ($42.10)
UTG ($118.50)
Hero ($114.10)
MP1 ($206.25)
MP2 ($30.75)
CO ($119.85)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $5, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $4.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($17) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $25.75</font>, SB calls $25.75, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $109.1</font>, SB calls $19.25 (All-In).

Turn: ($196.85) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($196.85) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $196.85

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Td Jh (straight, jack high).
Hero has As Ad (two pair, aces and nines).
MP2 has Kh Kd (full house, kings full of nines).
Outcome: MP2 wins $196.85. </font>
-----