Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Question for the Foxwoods regulars

Thanks for the input thus far. I've played about 20 or so sessions at Foxwoods between 4-8 and 10-20 and I've got to say that the idea there is no appreciable difference between the 10-20 and lower stakes games is a little silly in my opinion. I'm not saying the 10-20 is what those around here would call tough, just that there is a big difference. As far as my original question, I'm leaning towards the 5-10 when possible. I think the rake concerns and oppurtunity to play the kill against people who are out of their comfort zone make this the right choice. On the other hand, I think the point about table selection at 5-10 is extremely valid and will lead me to play the 4-8 fairly often. Also, I usually tire when I pass the 10 hour mark so I'm thinking maybe I'll move to 4-8 then because it is a little more brainless. Maybe I'll see some of you guys over there this summer.

Card
Old 05-09-2005, 10:14 AM

He asked for "opinions" on the 5/10 Kill game. I didn't realize that my opinions weren't valid. My apologies.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:24 PM

sfcard:

I've logged quite a few sessions at FW playing 4-8 and 5-10 (playing the same regardless of the $$$) and until I'm ready for 10-20 - I'm sticking with 4-8 for the following reasons:

1. There are more 4-8 tables to choose from to achieve a profitable table make-up. During the daytime there may only be 2-3 5-10 tables populated with the local rocks and there are always 5+ 4-8 tables going.

2. The kill adds more of a luck element- if you win hands on non-kill and lose hands on kill pots you are way down for the session. When I play this game, I'm either way-up or way-down and if I'm even, its usually a rock garden and I'm jumping to a good 4-8 table. When I play 4-8, I'm even or way-up. The room talk that 95% of the pots play kill is just plain false. I'll bet on an average night only 30% of the pots are kill.

I'd much rather play a non-kill 5-10 or another level (8-16?) before 10-20 than playing in the 5-10 kill.