Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: 67 from the blind

Button was anything but a LAG - he was passive. I was just saying that when fish flop something better than a pair, they usually wait until the turn to raise.

How do you figure nobody is folding on the turn? MP1 had to call 2 BB's cold...you think he would've been more likely to fold for 2 SB's on the flop?

I think I should've bet/folded the river because these wimps aren't raising an expensive street without a hand better than mine and if my 2 pair are good they check thru, losing me a value bet.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But given the turn card, how the heck is a turn C/R overboard if you like it on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you got raised on the flop after leading into 6 players w/ TP6K, haven't improved, and are facing yet another bet from a player who could have taken a free card against multiple opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh...multiple opponents...
there were 2 opponents and if I posted this hand from button's perspective, everyone would be telling me to not take the free card on my middle pair flush draw and take down the pot right there.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and if I posted this hand from button's perspective, everyone would be telling me to not take the free card on my middle pair flush draw and take down the pot right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that no one knows that the button has/had middle pair and a flushdraw. If you say he's passive then that's about the best thing he can have as far as you're concerned after he bets the turn.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and if I posted this hand from button's perspective, everyone would be telling me to not take the free card on my middle pair flush draw and take down the pot right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that no one knows that the button has/had middle pair and a flushdraw. If you say he's passive then that's about the best thing he can have as far as you're concerned after he bets the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I should only raise when I "know" I have my opponent beat?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say that?

How about not raising him when the vast majority of what he's betting DOES have you beat?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say that?

How about not raising him when the vast majority of what he's betting DOES have you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given my read, I would take issue with "vast majority".
That aside, why should I C/R the flop if the vast majority of his hands beat me? Does it look to you like the turn helped him?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given my read, I would take issue with "vast majority".
That aside, why should I C/R the flop if the vast majority of his hands beat me? Does it look to you like the turn helped him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I really never said anything about a flop CR, but the reason why its different is because a lot of players will bet from the button after being checked to with a lot of hands.

However, once you lead and then the button raises you and bets again on the turn when he could take a free card if he had a flushdraw, his range of holdings narrow and become much stronger than they would be if he simply bet the flop after having 6 players check to him.

This is even more true if the button is passive which you have already said he is. Most passive players don't raise draws and decline a free card, nor do they raise and bet with hands weaker than top pair no kicker.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:07 AM

Fair enough -
Like I said though - donks like this guy hardly ever raise the flop with 2 pair or a set; they love to wait 'till the turn. The best hand I figured him for was A7; I just thought a flush draw was at least as likely. When checked to 3-handed with position, even weak players are capable of a semi-bluff IMO.

MP1 (who I tried to push out on the turn by making him call 2 BB's cold - that was a big factor in my C/R which hasn't been discussed) flipped over 55 for the rivered straight, and I suspect Button folded his busted flush, given the fact that he had consistently called down rivers with any pair.
I personally think the turn was about the only street that I played well, but to each his own.