Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: TruePoker will send me to the WSOP if I can play 120k Hands by 6/3

which is better than you can get in a typical rake-back deal....but in rake-back you can play when you want and don't have to kill yourself.

But 15k hands a week over 8 weeks isn't so bad. Obviously a bit tougher since you have a full-time job.

Sure beats the other deal that someone posted last week where some affiliate group would send you to the WSOP if you played 1 million hands (and you can get it done next year or the year after and just go to the next WSOP main event).

I guess I'll be curious to read these updates.

Essentially...for $0.10/hand it looks like they are paying you to be a mega 8-tabling prop for 8 weeks.

They won't be making anything off of your play but you'll be giving them plenty of exposure with your updates on here AND keeping their games going so I don't really think they are losing either.

I do think they are to be commended for at least trying to generate ideas as well as listening to their customers (although several around here have commented that their support is pretty bad sometimes...I don't play there so I have no experience).
Old 05-06-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: TruePoker will send me to the WSOP if I can play 120k Hands by 6/30/05

sounds like a deal. good luck.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: TruePoker will send me to the WSOP if I can play 120k Hands by 6/30/05

I don't know what level you play at and I've never played on True so excuse me if this sounds rude...

but are you going to be able to play 8 tables at once on True?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:25 AM

I've played with him on the 5/10....and I'm not unhappy to learn that I won't have to be dealing with him on my tables for the next 8 weeks.

BTW - even though my critique of doing this might be a bit negative....I would very seriously consider doing this also if it were an open promotion.
And this is from someone who has never even played their site before.

But I kind of dig those marathon-type promotions also (obviously).
Old 05-06-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW - even though my critique of doing this might be a bit negative....I would very seriously consider doing this also if it were an open promotion.
And this is from someone who has never even played their site before.

But I kind of dig those marathon-type promotions also (obviously).

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'd try it for sure, but $.5-1 NL wouldn't generate enough rake.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:32 AM

If he's playing 3/6, the average rake should be about $2, or 0.20/person, ten-handed. If half the pots are raked, it'll be a break-even deal for True Poker. Probably more than half will be raked though.

Amazing how much we pay, isn't it?

Plus there's always the chance he might win, which would be great for True Poker. It would be a great story, it would get a lot of press.

If he 8-tables, and gets 50 hands per table hour, that's 400 hands/hour, and he needs 2000 per day, so that's a minimum of 5 hours a day. But it'll probably turn out to be more than that, between tables breaking up and whatnot.

That'll be tough to do, imho.

I wish him luck though.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what level you play at and I've never played on True so excuse me if this sounds rude...

but are you going to be able to play 8 tables at once on True?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played there either, but I have been wanting to check it out mainly due to TruePokerCeo's posts here.

I've wondered the same thing about the number of games available there.

O Doyle Rules, if there is a shortage of games, please put the word out here and I'm sure you'll find plenty of 2+2ers willing to jump in and prop up some games for you. I'll be there, for sure.

Good luck!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:37 AM

That's great. Just shows how far you can come when you present something that is attractive to all parties involved.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:38 AM

When I did the party till you cruise promotion I played about 20k hands of 10/20 6-max in 4 days.

My pokertracker said I paid almost $7k in rake but i forget how that's calculated and think it's a bit different.

Figure 5 players average per table...$2 rake average.
That's $0.40/hd in rake perhaps.
At 20k hands X $0.40/hd that's $8k so it appears my p-tracker number isn't too far off from my own very rough estimate.

So on my play alone Party didn't lose too much based on my play to win the cruise (the package was $12.4k total).
And this obviously doesn't include all those who played a massive amount during that week only to fall short and NOT get the cruise.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:18 AM

Wow, cool idea. Good luck and I hope that you make it.

Are they counting all hands or just those raked? I don't doubt that it can be done, although True tables are not particularly fast and it may take more time to accumulate the hands than it would at 6max party games.

I'd go for a deal like this in a heartbeat, maybe someone else will come up with a similar deal now.

Shauna