Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 09:30 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: AQ vs. pre-flop 3-bet, Multiway pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you bet into him on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, something I actually pondered for a moment when looking over the hand.

If the pf raiser bets and the other 2 call, I assume a c/r is the best play.

But, what is the pf raiser bets, CO raises, UTG cold calls...is it best to 3-bet the flop??? My guess is yes, 3-bet the flop and take it from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 3-bet the flop. Basically jam it as long as there are a few other people in, but i would use a different line if it were HU.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:39 AM

check calling to showdown can't be that bad. how many outs can UTG have? the only thing here is that with two players in, KK/QQ from MP might be more likely to check behind. but in that case it seems we have an easy river bet against an unknown MP.

if UTG drops out then I can revert to c/call c/call bet. if he stays in, I might still bet the river, but I'd be much more likely to fold to the raise. when HU, I call it pretty much every time.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me neither, per my previous post. do you think we're ahead often enough to throw in a C/R here with UTG padding things? if I was going to, it'd be the river.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me neither, per my previous post. do you think we're ahead often enough to throw in a C/R here with UTG padding things? if I was going to, it'd be the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like a river c/r, b/c i don't know how many people are going to be in the hand by then and where a bet will come from. Also, if the PF-3 bettor, bets the river, it is less likely that you are ahead than if he bets the flop. I charge the others in the hand as much as possible as soon as possible in this hand.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:49 AM

what about losing less when we're behind?
Old 05-06-2005, 10:03 AM

if ur c/r gets three bet, the other two now fold, u can go into call down mode and lose the same as if he just calls your river c/r. If you're behind, u're gonna lose 3.5 bb post-flop regardless. But like i said, if he bets the river and doesn't take a free showdown, you're not ahead as often as when he bets the flop. Also, u can trap the other two donks for two bets as well on the flop with a flop c/r when they're drawing very thin. Also, there's a chance after three people call his flop bet that he won't bet the turn. So with each subsequent street that he bets, ur chances of being ahead go down. And if he passes up betting on one of the streets when u are ahead, then ur missing out on bets.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:58 PM

Lead any rag turn and seriously consider folding to another raise. I don't want to give a free showdown to a KK/QQ/JJ and give the raggedy aces a free card to catch a better two pair. If one of the late positon CC's comes alive on the turn...its probably an easy fold as well.