Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: My story

first of all, good post.

Now, a day I'd like to remind you of is February 22nd/overnight into the 23rd. IIRC this was your first ever -10k day. At the time while talking to you, I could tell that you were a little bit rattled by it, and you made some comments that showed you even somewhat knew that you were. Thinking back to that to where you are now 2 1/2 months later, where you can easily handle this type of thing shows a major development you've made towards having the ability to be a consistent high limit pro.

And in case you have any personal doubts or any detractors, you are making the right decision by going pro. You have a great chance to do some awesome things in this game and should exploit that opportunity for everything its worth. You made a lot of thank you's in your post, and I'd like to take this chance to thank you for all the talks we've had online about poker, and all the advice and support you've given me. Good luck to you in your career.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:38 AM

Even for someone who talks to you everyday IRL there were details I didn't know about. I have been very happy to see your success and I "know" you are a part of mine.

(ps. it's not bragging if it's the facts)
Old 05-05-2005, 02:41 AM

also has a IRL friend i have to thank you for all the advice/ski trip I will call myself your personal luck box that week [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am so looking forward to living in this pimp pad to #1 pick your brain every chance i can and #2 just watch.

But once again congrats dude awesome job!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:54 AM

I wonder if my claim to fame will be running better than BK did in Vegas [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 03:11 AM

Great stuff BK - between you and my experiences at the Party Poker Million WPT event, I've had my eyes opened to the fact that there is life over and above the 15/30 and 30/60 tables I have been stuck at for a year.

I'm inspired. Thanks for taking the time to post it. In fact, exactly 1 week from today is my one-year anniversary of turning pro.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:49 AM

great post, awesome story. thanks for posting it even if some will flame you for posting exact $ figures. .5/1 in December, 300/600 and a mid/high limit pro a year and a half later, I love it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 03:51 AM

That's a great story, BK. Congrats on your success.

[ QUOTE ]
Nate tha' Great: played in that juicy 15/30 pacific game back in the day and tought me a good thing or two. I'll never forget when he tought me to call the turn c/r or donkbet and raise the river instead on semi-scary boards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder if you have a link to this discussion or if you can explain the situation in a little more detail?
Old 05-05-2005, 03:55 AM

Wow....nice story......

I don't think I'll ever get as high as 300/600.......But I guess with a little bit of dedication and skill level like yours....It can be achieved....

Makes my playing $1/$2 NL.....Seem somewhat inferior....
Old 05-05-2005, 03:56 AM

Holy crap...thats a lot of money and a lot of hands and a lot of skill..gratz.

I think you just inspired me to take a shot at the 15 game with a 300BB BR [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 04:11 AM

Great post man. You are an inspiration to beginners like myself. I was always interested in your story but was always too afraid to ask. I'm glad you posted it!