Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Obligatory 18,692 hand Stat Post. Leaks?

[ QUOTE ]
I play Axs, the suited connectors and all the PP's. All I can think that I'm missing are the one-gappers. But surely thats not another 3-5%....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats wierd then because I play all the premium hands.

Low suited connectors,Kxs(sometimes Qxs) in late position.

Axs, suited connectors higher than 10, all pocket pairs in any position.

and my vpip is 18-19%
Old 05-05-2005, 12:54 AM

How low do you go with the suiteds? 43s? 32s? I tend not to limp 22 and 33 with no one in yet, especially with a some douchey maniac behind me. Should I do it anyway? 55 is my only losing PP (and losing only sightly) but I blame that on variance more than anything else.

What do you do in this situation? UTG limps. 4 folds. Hero is MP3 with 77. Is this an automatic raise? I'm almost invariably playing this for set value only...
What if you have Q9s?
Old 05-05-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How low do you go with the suiteds? 43s? 32s? I tend not to limp 22 and 33 with no one in yet, especially with a some douchey maniac behind me. Should I do it anyway? 55 is my only losing PP (and losing only sightly) but I blame that on variance more than anything else.

What do you do in this situation? UTG limps. 4 folds. Hero is MP3 with 77. Is this an automatic raise? I'm almost invariably playing this for set value only...
What if you have Q9s?

[/ QUOTE ]

In MP2 or later, with limpers and no douchey maniac behind me I'll limp 98s. No limpers, I'm mucking and looking for another table. On the button with limpers, 65s or maybe 54s.

77 in the hijack, I'll raise it, depending on the UTG limper. I'd like to buy the button here. If he's position aware at all, he's got a broadway or a small PP. If he's a typical party player, he's got 2 cards.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What if you have Q9s?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends, how loose is the limper? If the limper is extremely loose then you can raise the pocket pair to isolate. for Q9s I would play it with more limpers.

I'm guessing you might have bad table selection, I'm really picky when it comes to table selection. If you cant limp any pocket pairs in early position and don't have enough limpers to make suited connectors and Kxs and qxs playable in late position, then your table is too tight, if the table is too agressive then you should consider changing tables as well.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:50 AM

Slightly deviating question but...

I recently started raising A9o-A7o or suited in late position with 1 or 2 limpers at 1/2. From the couple of times I've done it, I've found it to be a relatively +EV play. Anyone else give their thoughts about this?

My VPIP is around 18% -- I'm pretty picky about situations for limping speculative hands (I fold 22-44 UTG typically unless I know the table is loose, I fold A2s-A9s UTG, KJo, and in mid/late position I evaluate how many players have limped to decide whether to play certain suited connectors (even with a gap) and Axs and low PP)
Old 05-05-2005, 09:52 AM

I complete with A9o from the SB. I wont usually play it or anything lower elsewhere. However, I would think that it cant be too bad a play.

With no raiser, generally we win when an ace flops and raising could buy us the button. 9 still has some top-pair value I guess, but I think anything lower is a gamble...
Old 05-05-2005, 10:01 AM

I would say that most people fail to realize ColdCalling or reraising a loose raiser can have a big impact on your VP$IP and PFR%. Instead of thinking what hands can I add? You should probably be thinking about what types of raises you can coldcall or reraise.

If you see a raise and tighten up immediately, you aren't playing that optimally, you first need to consider the raiser and the types of hands he will raise with. Then you can figure out how to react.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:06 AM

To be honest from the tone of your post, it looks like you're slightly more concerned about having the "right" stats than making the right poker plays. Your stats have identified for you some opportunities, but don't get carried away and change your style of play just for the sake of good stats.

I'd also say that your flop aggression is too high before I'd say your river aggression is too low. It's fine IMO.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:14 AM

I'm only concerned about having the "right" stats in so far as they represent opportunities that I'm missing preflop. Also, I can't help but feel that my shitty pfr indicates not pushing edges with one or two limpers or not isolating a lone horrific fishy up front. I find isolating fails miserably most of the time unless I'm CO or have the button already.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm only concerned about having the "right" stats in so far as they represent opportunities that I'm missing preflop. Also, I can't help but feel that my shitty pfr indicates not pushing edges with one or two limpers or not isolating a lone horrific fishy up front. I find isolating fails miserably most of the time unless I'm CO or have the button already.

[/ QUOTE ]

My PFR is like 8%. Yes there are some opportunities maybe for you to raise a little more pre-flop but honestly, I don't think that's your biggest leak.