Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: I like 6-max so far. [3 low content hands]

[ QUOTE ]
I plan on switching to 2/4 sitting at tables with 2-5players and leaving when it gets 8handed unless its a really soft table

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually a question i have. I'm currently playing Stars 2/4 6 max, and planning on expanding over to the Empire skin.(the games look and sound ridiculously easier than Stars, though those are quite soft as well)

The only thing is..........i'm not seeing 2/4 6-max tables. If i recall correctly, your next limit after 1/2 is 5/10???

Anyone know anything about this?
Old 05-01-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I plan on switching to 2/4 sitting at tables with 2-5players and leaving when it gets 8handed unless its a really soft table

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually a question i have. I'm currently playing Stars 2/4 6 max, and planning on expanding over to the Empire skin.(the games look and sound ridiculously easier than Stars, though those are quite soft as well)

The only thing is..........i'm not seeing 2/4 6-max tables. If i recall correctly, your next limit after 1/2 is 5/10???

Anyone know anything about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party goes from 1/2 to $5/10 in terms of 6-max. That said, don't make the jump immediately, as the difference is supposed to be very very large. I'll find out next week and report for sure, but I'm sure it's true.

$1/2 6max is soft as hell and generally loose-passive. $5/10 is supposed to be a much tougher game, comparable to the Stars $3/6 6m from what I've heard.

Rob
Old 05-01-2005, 02:45 AM

Everytime I go to the HUSH forums I read about 5/10 and 10/20 Party player being perfectly horrible. I'm assuming it means that they're horrible players for the limit they play?
Old 05-01-2005, 02:47 AM

That's excellent information, though i think it's highly dumb of them not to offer an in-between level for those not ready for 5-10.

I almost feel like i would be wasting my time playing 1/2 over there though, because im absolutely crushing(not trying to sound arrogant) the Stars 2/4 right now.

I dont feel comfortable enough for Stars 3/6, even though im up in the few hands i've played there, simply because you know when you're outmatched. I guess that means Party 5-10 is out for now.

I'm wondering though, do you think it's worth it to get in on the games at Party for only 1/2? Keep in mind i 2-table Stars, so maybe it's possible i could multi more over at party.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime I go to the HUSH forums I read about 5/10 and 10/20 Party player being perfectly horrible. I'm assuming it means that they're horrible players for the limit they play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Also, the fact that $1/2 players are some of the worst players I've ever seen comes into play. The TAGs are mostly too tight and position-unaware, the LAGs are awful handreaders, and the loose-passives call down with everything. You still have the same groups at other limits, they're just not quite as bad, respectively.

Rob
Old 05-01-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's excellent information, though i think it's highly dumb of them not to offer an in-between level for those not ready for 5-10.

I almost feel like i would be wasting my time playing 1/2 over there though, because im absolutely crushing(not trying to sound arrogant) the Stars 2/4 right now.

I dont feel comfortable enough for Stars 3/6, even though im up in the few hands i've played there, simply because you know when you're outmatched. I guess that means Party 5-10 is out for now.

I'm wondering though, do you think it's worth it to get in on the games at Party for only 1/2? Keep in mind i 2-table Stars, so maybe it's possible i could multi more over at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands do you have at Stars $2/4? If it's under 30k or so, you really don't have an incredible baseline on "crushing" the game, as far as winrate concerns go. Just for a reference point, I ran at 4+bb/100 for 20k hands of 6max. At the 23k mark my winrate was 1.5bb/100 (it's now back up near 4bb). The swings in 6-max play can be brutal.

Offering $2/4 6max or $3/6 6max would be detrimental to both the $5/10 6max and the $2/4 and $3/6 full ring games.

Rob
Old 05-01-2005, 02:58 AM

You will kill Party 5/10 6m, I'm beating it and you're way better than me. I basically avoid the TAGs and prey on the rest and its working so far. Sooner or later I'll learn how to beat the TAGs and then its all over.

Seriously, play, win, enjoy the variance.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-01-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right, since I really don't want to get a stars account or play cryptos, I think this was the best alternative

occasionally the tables fill up fast, or break completly down .. but its not too hard to find and keep a table 3-6handed for 100+hands ..

its still a feeling out process, but sofar its been really good

and Entity is dead on about the 1/2 6max players .. great game, though I don't think adding the 2/4 and 3/6 6max would be negative in the long run .. well it might make the ring games more rocky
Old 05-01-2005, 03:35 AM

Fold 87o preflop with 1 limper in hand 1. I'd 3-bet the river in hand 3.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So I'm sLA-A at 30/20/2.4 (2k hands - this will inevitably change I think?) and feel super confident at these tables. I think I am destined to lag it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be prepared for some huge swings. I am LAG (31/15 - filtered to 6-handed) at these games. When I run good I win big. When the cards are bad I look like an idiot. Yesterday I had a series of big starting hands so I was raising PF every time to lose in the end by a pair of 4s or something. The guy (82/0 over 70 hands) gave me the advice to mix up my game and don't raise with nothing. I thanked him. I lost 60BB 3-tabling and I cannot imagine how much I would lose if the table was not that passive. Although I wouldn't expect to raise with AKs and get called by 52o so many times in a more normal table.