Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: another 33 hand

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this PF, it doesn't seem marginal to me. Is anyone else cold calling here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling would normally be fine, but you might not want to call if UTG is so shortstacked as to be almost all-in.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this PF, it doesn't seem marginal to me. Is anyone else cold calling here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Purely game dependent. Loose yes. Tight no.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:14 PM

you mean the flop check/raise? i planned on check/folding if it was bet and called. but once it was heads up with the button, i figured a pair had a good shot at being the best hand.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:23 PM

I call preflop here.

And, I just lead the flop. Like you said, there is a decent chance you have the best hand. By checking to the button, you are letting him decide if a bet goes in or not. Since he bets basically all hands that beat you, and only some that dont, you are more of a dog to his range given that he bets (obviously this logic cant be applied in all situations... but I like it here). If you bet, you take this away. You also let the button raise you if he has an ace, and you've just saved youself some bets.

Also... you are clutch. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, I just lead the flop. Like you said, there is a decent chance you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's easy to say that now [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. honestly, i was so ready to check/fold until the button's bet cleared out the field. i hadn't even considered leading the flop. it's kinda hard to pull the trigger there with 33 in a 5 handed pot, even when 3 of them have checked it to you.

i like your point about the button and taking the decision to give take the free card away from him, maybe i need to start betting in these spots more often. i think the rest of the table will give the flop bet more credit if it comes from someone other than button, and possibly get people to fold some hands that they would have called with if the button had bet instead.

[ QUOTE ]
Also... you are clutch.

[/ QUOTE ]

big up.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's easy to say that now [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. honestly, i was so ready to check/fold until the button's bet cleared out the field. i hadn't even considered leading the flop. it's kinda hard to pull the trigger there with 33 in a 5 handed pot, even when 3 of them have checked it to you.

i like your point about the button and taking the decision to give take the free card away from him, maybe i need to start betting in these spots more often. i think the rest of the table will give the flop bet more credit if it comes from someone other than button, and possibly get people to fold some hands that they would have called with if the button had bet instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats true. It is very easy for me to say bet, given that I know you are getting at least 3 folds behind.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also... you are clutch.

[/ QUOTE ]

big up.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, you would have been far more clutch if you had bet the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: sults

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, you would have been far more clutch if you had bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly.

also fwiw, the button called the check/raise. turn was the mighty 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. i bet, he fold.

clutch.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you mean the flop check/raise? i planned on check/folding if it was bet and called. but once it was heads up with the button, i figured a pair had a good shot at being the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, if it was called in even 1 place, it is an easy fold. Because it wasn't called and because it was button who was doing the betting, I like your check/raise. You can fold to a 3-bet and if just called I think you have a good chance of taking it down on the turn (or folding to a raise, or check/folding the river UI).
Old 04-30-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can fold to a 3-bet and if just called I think you have a good chance of taking it down on the turn (or folding to a raise, or check/folding the river UI).

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting this the whole way against the button the check/folding the river is pretty shitty. Alot of hands will take a shot at you there. This board isn't too draw heavy, but even then I've seen guys do it with K high.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: sults

[ QUOTE ]
turn was the mighty 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]....clutch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly to the clutch doubters:

pink -> turns set -> clutch. nuf said.