Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 09:11 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: I want to cold donk soooooo bad...

[ QUOTE ]
I have to cold call 4 bets... the implied odds aren't very high relative to the fact that I have to voluntarily chalk up 4 bets at the same time right now. If you even move me into the SB I don't think I can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't think the button is worth more than 1st position for a 1/2 a sb discount?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:13 AM

The way this pot is going to unfold? Definitely not, in fact I'd be pretty pumped about cring from the sb. I suppose I should say that the two positions will be almost 100% the same.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:17 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
The way this pot is going to unfold?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying this because you know how the hand went down, or speculatively b/c of the preflop action? in other words, what is your level of bias in this statement?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:19 AM

The problem as I see it is that very few people are capable of folding QQ when the flop comes three undercards and another raising war breaks out of the flop. They tell themselves preflop "ok, I'm going to play for the implied odds here and try to hit my set". Then when they dont hit their set they still continue on through heavy action only to be shown AA or KK at the river.

Mike Emery
Old 04-29-2005, 09:19 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]

I also agree chief, the people yesterday who wanted to argue for folding that 9Ts preflop... It was attrocious. FWIW, I think people who aren't calling there suck at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

With posts like this, I don't mind tearing into your faulty logic in other threads. But apparantly I suck at poker, so you shouldn't be listening to me anyway.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying this because you know how the hand went down, or speculatively b/c of the preflop action? in other words, what is your level of bias in this statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

I *obviously* mean using my freaking future reading skill and knowing that the flop is coming with an ace and not a queen. I *of course* am not claiming that it would be even remotely possible to predict how the action is going to unfold on future betting rounds simply by analyzing the preflop action. How ludicrous!

Goodnight forum.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I *obviously* mean using my freaking future reading skill and knowing that the flop is coming with an ace and not a queen. I *of course* am not claiming that it would be even remotely possible to predict how the action is going to unfold on future betting rounds simply by analyzing the preflop action. How ludicrous!

Goodnight forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you better knew the range of hands your opponents called, raised, and reraised with you might be able to assess preflop the likelihood of action to come. but i guess that is ludicrous. goodnight.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's an argument that 22 is preferable to QQ here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can see that. Not sure I agree with it though. But I can see the argument. Certainly 22 is easier to get away from as well as more likely to get action on a ragged board from whatever over pairs are out there.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's an argument that 22 is preferable to QQ here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can see that. Not sure I agree with it though. But I can see the argument. Certainly 22 is easier to get away from as well as more likely to get action on a ragged board from whatever over pairs are out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-29-2005, 09:45 AM

It depends. If the table is at all loose I'm calling here. If capper or 3-better is smart/tight, I might call and fold a non-Q-high flop. I would have trouble getting away from this hand unless I knew a lot about MP2 and MP3, though I do occasionally fold QQ when overcards are getting action multiway. But again, depends on the players.

I once folded JJ in a large pot because of huge preflop and flop action with rags. Best hand was a TT. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Won't do that again.