Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Daniel N. rips Barry Greenstein!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My read on Jennifer Lopez is that she doesn't like sex. She just likes really rich guys and she likes to be a pain in the ass.

But I don't know her personally. It's pure speculation on my part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate further on this, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

He really shouldn't have to. Its right on target.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:58 PM

She's a giant [censored].
Old 04-29-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
partial quote...

Barry said he has won the most at the big game in the last 10 years. He mentioned that poker superstars asked if it was ok that they say this, and i beleive the others involved agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I e-mailed barry about this when Daniel posted about it on his forum, and there are two things you need to understand:

1. Barry used the word 'probably' in his original statement.
2. Daniel has no knowledge of what limits Barry played and when other than second-hand info.

Barry is a smart, understated man. While he may appear to be a little cocky on rare occasions, I see no reason to doubt his estimate. He didn't answer my questions about the details of what games/limits existed during that 10 year period, but he did say that he and Dan N. have played a total of barely 10 hours of cash games together.

Additionally, I'm under the impression that Barry played a lot in California (arguably more private games) during this period.

Regardless, it's still all based off of people changing other people's statements. "I was probably the biggest winner" is a far cry from "I was the biggest winner."

The remainder of the differences between Dan and Barry are not poker-related enough to discuss. From what's been written, Dan doesn't like Barry's logical rejection of certain religious beliefs.

-adam
Old 04-29-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My read on Jennifer Lopez is that she doesn't like sex. She just likes really rich guys and she likes to be a pain in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your line on this and I'm almost certain it is -EV to get involved w/ her fat ass.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your line on this and I'm almost certain it is -EV to get involved w/ her fat ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am certain she will be very disappointed
Old 04-29-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On Daniel's forum someone made a post asking if Barry G. was full of crap when he says he has made the most money in the big game. Daniel N. answers and say yes he has made the most money. But the only reason he has is because Barry keeps unusual records. He only records wins and not losses lol. Then goes on to say Barry G. is delusional if he thinks he's made more than Chip and Doyle.

Someone mentioned that Daniel is upset with Barry maybe for some comments Barry said about Daniel. Can anyone explain what there argument is about? Or post a link. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, Daniel doesn’t know me very well. We have played less than ten hours of poker together in our lives. I actually like Daniel because I would rather deal with someone who says what they are thinking than someone who is two-faced. I think he writes well and has been an asset to the game.

He has some possible reasons for his comments:

1. Doyle Brunson and Chip Reese are the only two icons of poker. Anyone who tries to include himself with them and what they have done the last thirty years deserves to be mocked.

2. I play in the “first tier” game and Daniel has in the last couple of years moved up to the second tier. There is some disdain that players in my game share about players who haven’t proven themselves at the highest level.

3. Daniel and I have different religious philosophies. Religious people often consider confident non-religious people arrogant. Daniel mistakenly thinks I mock the religions of others. I only criticized Daniel’s knowledge about scientific and historical events pertaining to religious writings. (I work with many good religious people in my charities, and a couple of them were hurt by his comments about me.)

4. Daniel is a potential opponent and I don’t mind throwing subtle jabs his way out of gamesmanship.

5. I made the mistake of getting involved in a thread regarding Daniel’s integrity. I think Daniel is an honest person. The case can be made that Daniel is too honest with his frank opinions about other players and telling insights regarding his own psychological issues.

I don’t get worked up about things I read on the Internet. I have it better than anyone else in the poker world. Anytime something negative is said about me, ten people write to defend me. When I mentioned to Phil Ivey that Daniel had written that Phil made more money than I did the last few years, Phil gave me the correct answer: “Why do you care?” Insecure people get into prolonged discussions comparing wins in side games. There is no real way to verify results. If you really won the money, that should be good enough.

Barry
Old 04-29-2005, 02:02 PM

Default NO WAY!

I also heard that the Angelina/Brad thing is *MORE* than just friendship...they were like, photographed on a beach together...
Old 04-29-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel N. answers and say yes he has made the most money. But the only reason he has is because Barry keeps unusual records. He only records wins and not losses.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon that has to be a joke. If I only recorded my wins I'd be a millionaire...except that there isn't any money in my bank account.

He has to be kidding about this, right?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:10 PM

thanks again for posting barry.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When I mentioned to Phil Ivey that Daniel had written that Phil made more money than I did the last few years, Phil gave me the correct answer: “Why do you care?”

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. These threads read like a bad soap opera.

[ QUOTE ]

Daniel doesn’t know me very well. We have played less than ten hours of poker together in our lives.

[deletia]

I play in the “first tier” game and Daniel has in the last couple of years moved up to the second tier.

[/ QUOTE ]

To satisfy my low-roller curiosity, can you explain at what limits these "tiers" lie. Daniel writes semi-frequently about playing the 4K/8K limit game at the Bellagio, which is mixed with NL and PL with a 100K pot cap. I thought this was the biggest game around, no?