Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: \"Because its Party 15/30\"

I absolutely agree with mach3. I was doing pretty well in the game last summer/fall (but stopped for several months). I just started playing again recently and was really struggling to just break even. Initially, I thought the game had become much tougher. After studying my play, I realized I spent a lot more time selecting my tables in the past than I do now. So choosing to play against the right set of players is the key for me.

Two questions w/ regards to Party 15/30:
1) Has the play in general tightened up recently? It seems a lot harder to find a good table these days.
2) Let’s say a maniac joins the table and sits 1-3 seats to your right. Do you loosen up slightly preflop and try to isolate by re-reraising any pot he’s in? Or do you sit back and wait for ultra premium hands? Or does it just depend on who else is at the table?

I ask question #2 b/c I used to loosen up and try and isolate. It worked well sometimes but also backfired on too many occasions b/c everyone at the table would start cold-calling 3 bets. Tightening up and _trying_ to isolate didn’t seem to work either since big hands wouldn’t hold up against so many callers. So I just avoided these kinds of situations (and still do).