Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Weird happenings, what should I make of it?

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think that this marriage is going to have less than 2 years shelf life?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I do. think that.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:34 PM

Why do you log your conversations? These type of situations are why I turn off chat logging in every messaging program I use.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:38 PM

The only thing better than having to justify your chosen lifestyle to your fiance is to escape the conversation entirely by lying.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This post was a joke, right? Please tell me it was a joke. Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the portion about my foot manipulating the mouse was a joke. The point of the post was really to ask advice on how to handle the situation (that she had obviously read the stuff).

My bad on the conscious/consience thing, I was in a hurry [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And would anyone like to make a bet with me and take the Under 2 years on my marriage? I would let you wager a large sum. I may be horrible, but this relationship works [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
several of my logs from AIM are open.

[/ QUOTE ]

it starts with your AIM logs open.

next thing you know, you walk into the garage, and all the freaking doors and windows and gloveboxes and gas tank covers etc. are open.

proceed with extreme caution.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well it turns out it was her. And BTW, that other girl was a friend of mine's girlfriend that I never had any intentions of doing anything with. Oh, and I don't feel guilty at all about anything I've done (strip clubs or pot). I have no conscious, I promise.

Well things went relatively well.... at least when compared to other fights we've had. Nothing I did was that bad. I convinced her that the pot messages were from my brother on my account (he is a big pothead), and I didn't actually go to the strip club the time that was mentioned in the message and she knows this for sure. The only thing is my comments about this other girl that I found attractive and said a few ummm things about. But she knows that I didn't do anything besides talk about her. That just hurt her feelings.

And no, I am not looking for a reason to break up with her. We are getting married in June. I am a horrible human being with no conscious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your problems, of course, revolve around trust. She obviously doesn't trust you, and it remains unclear whether you are in fact trustworthy (although the fact that you need to lie to her is disturbing).

But, since this is OOT and a serious response doesn't belong here: After you made up did you put it in her pooper?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:44 PM

Yes, the portion about my foot manipulating the mouse was a joke. The point of the post was really to ask advice on how to handle the situation (that she had obviously read the stuff).

I don't believe this at all, with all your "I'd be able to tell by her voice if she'd read it" comments. Whatever though, it doesn't matter. Good luck in the WSOP.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And would anyone like to make a bet with me and take the Under 2 years on my marriage? I would let you wager a large sum. I may be horrible, but this relationship works [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So your fiancee searches your IM logs when you're sleeping to spy on you? And gets freaked out because you know a girl who you find sort of attractive but aren't going to do anything with? And you make up chains of fairly transparent bullshit to distract from the things in the log that you actually did that you think she wouldn't approve of? And you want to wager on the length of your marriage?

Yep, this sounds like an A-1 relationship to me!
Old 04-27-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, my fiance isn't extremely computer savvy, and it is rather complicated to open these logs. I really don't think she would know how to open them, or be tenacious enough to read through the huge files.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently she knows more than you. All you have to do is open a chat window, and click the message history on top to see the log. CTRL-F will allow her to search it.

Plus you grossly underestimate the tenacity of a woman determined to snoop on her fiance. (You should be pissed at her for this too).

This is why I used to put passwords on my machines at work, and hit Win-L whenever I left my desk.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:46 PM

how long have u lived with her?

as for the relationship, perhaps it works, but it isn't good. Commenting on other chicks hotness, especially specifics, and getting caught is not a good thing. Lying about pot use is going to get you in trouble eventually, going to strip clubs may be cool with some chicks, but clearly not with yours and it doesn't sound like you're going to stop... you just will do better at not getting caught.

My 2 year shelf life statement stands. I won't place a wager on it because for the right sum of money people will stay married forever. I just think that you aren't really ready for a marriage yet.

good luck though, hope it works out!
FishNChips