Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Help me improve my home game

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I suggested starting out with 1000 in chips since the start, but God knows why, they think somehow the game suffers with this "few" amount of chips.

Thanks guys, I like the structure Socrates suggested, perhaps without the antes though, cause they'd probably mutiny and run away with the chips and cards... grrr...

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have an issue with so few chips, just add a 0 to all the figures I gave you. Then they can start with 10K in chips - GL my friend. They'll come around as they learn the game more. You could possibly try to explain to them that 10K in chips works the same as 1K in chips. If they have 1K and the blinds are 10 / 20, a 3x raise is 60. If they were to have 10K, the 3x rasie would be 600 - hopefully they could see your logic.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Help me improve my home game

[ QUOTE ]
Oh how I'd love to play cash games, ... , but alas, my friends are cheapos.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really see the connection. Couldn't you just play smaller cash games? My friends are mostly winning $2/$4 or $5/$10 online, but on wednesdays we play $0.20/$0.40 LIMIT. (We decided we didn't need to win money from friends. Besides, gradStudents are ALL 'cheapos'. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) It doesn't get much cheaper, but we have a great game.
-Sam