Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: My version of .5/1 long handed. Comments?

yea i think i need to get some sort of tracker, so i can actually see what is happening. Thx for your input.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:27 PM

Lies!
Old 04-27-2005, 03:27 PM

I was thinking the same thing.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THAT's why you don't cap JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you not cap with QQ because AKs has a chance to hit a pair and also a flush? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I guess it's preference, I mean with a premium pair like JJ, I want to punish those hands that I'm ahead of, and re-evaluate on the flop. JJ is also an easy hand to get away from if the flop isn't desirable.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:31 PM

Come to think of it, we have empirical hand EV data from Pokerroom.com. Take a look here for hand EV data gathered from Pokerroom online games.

I haven't checked the offsuit small suited connectors, but my guess is they're all losing hands.

olavfo
Old 04-27-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THAT's why you don't cap JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you not cap with QQ because AKs has a chance to hit a pair and also a flush? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I guess it's preference, I mean with a premium pair like JJ, I want to punish those hands that I'm ahead of, and re-evaluate on the flop. JJ is also an easy hand to get away from if the flop isn't desirable.

[/ QUOTE ]

so why cap if you're going to let it go so easily and frequently on a bad flop? i cap QQ because less 3-betting hands Preflop can beat me. i wonder what hands you are "punishing" that 3-bet preflop?

i guess it may be preference and JJ is a big winner for me, i just don't like 'em enough to cap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 03:39 PM

Because players at these levels suck, and it's best to crank out two bets from them when they have the worst of it.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HU or short handed it is strong, but multiway it is very weak because it has an extremely low chance of improving

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a common misconception. JJ is a fine hand multi-way.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pocket Pairs- As long as no one raises limp in any position with 22-99. TT-JJ can be limped or raised depending on the situation. ex. on Button no one raised or first in MP.
QQ-AA always raised and reraised
with the lower and middle pocket pairs you mainly want to flop trips or be the over pair to the flop in order to survive here. Also on a side note if you limp in with a pocket pair and it is raised behind you, call. If it is raised and reraised behind you, only call with the middle PP. With middle pairs stay to the turn, if you do not improve and you are sure someone holds the over card to your pair, generally fold.

Suited Connectors & other suits- play anything suited and connected in any position(as long as you can anticipate at least 5 callers, exceptions would be the big suited connectors and up JTs/o-AKs/o) unless it is raised in front of you. If you are BB you can call since you were going to pay to see the flop anyways. play any Axs also play and Kxs if you are in late position.

Misc Hands- Ak AQ AJ AT KQ KJ QJ should all be called or raised depending on the strength of your opposition. Generally raise AK AKs KQS AQS. QJs and JTs should be raised 25% of the time for deception purposes.

SB & BB- Play anything suited in the SB as long as it is not raised. A9 is also included here.
BB is free, unless raised ^^

comments please, this is just a simple template for PF play
Would this be an Ok template to use? More hands need to be added? Some need to be taken away? Please Post. Thx

~NickRegino

[/ QUOTE ]

there is much that is wrong with your post.
but it may be a result of the manner in which you wrote everything out (ie, it looks like you were writing things as as briefly as possible.)
in and of itself, creating a simple preflop template is a flawed way to think about poker. but whatever.
i put in bold the parts i thought were particularly eggregiously wrong.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:49 PM

wow awesome data man, thx for posting it ^^