Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Thought about this alot

Three tabling is easy on my 17" screen laptop. 4 is doable. If you are a decent 5-10 sh player you could should be able to put in 1000 hands a day, at 1.5 bb/100 that could keep your "endless summer" going for a long time provided youcould ride out the cold streaks, which i really think would be the biggest problem.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tough to seriously multitable on a laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding? on my dell 8600 I can do 4 with no overlap and 6 with some overlap.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: I love this idea

I'm so glad someone else is interested in this idea. I'd absolutely love to do something like this. I have 60k in the bank and I beat the 5/10 SH for about 2bb/100, and I'm actually close to getting fired from my job, and I have absolutely no other obligations or liabilities here, so I was thinking of traveling around and playing on my laptop. Maybe I'll start some kind of journal about it if I actually go ahead with it.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:34 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
How cool would it be to travel, with a laptop and just travel the world playing poker on your laptop while infusing your self in different cultures around the world, and playing poker online in internet cafes, airports, and wherever you get a wireless connection for a few hours a day. I thought about doing this for a summer, would be really sweet....Thoughts

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a really good idea. i have thought of it no doubt. i have kind of been doing this, but not to the extreme. i have just been going to europe a lot lately.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:35 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

4 tables is rather easy.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:35 PM

I think Daryn was going to do a micro experiment of this at his local cafe. Maybe he'll report how it went.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. just got back from europe and i already have a place picked out. it's kind of a wrap/burrito joint. www.thewrap.com
Old 04-26-2005, 11:36 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding? on my dell 8600 I can do 4 with no overlap and 6 with some overlap.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have the same computer, but evidently i have the worse monitor because i can't do 4 with no overlap, but i really don't mind the overlap.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way I could possibly fathom spending the money to travel the world, only to sit on my computer and play poker? Sounds like the biggest waste of time and money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I see what you are saying, I think you have it backwards. I think what the OP meant is that you travel the world, and pay for it all just by playing poker for a few hours out of your day.

I really think this would be amazing, but variance scares me. I don't want to be stuck in the Phillipines with no ticket home.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to be stuck in the Phillipines with no ticket home.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of a story.

A Marine buddy of mine went home from Okinawa on leave. He found out his Filipino girlfriend back in Arizona had maxed out all his credit cards and sold his truck so he did the obvious thing and married the dumb slut.

Anyway, he brings her back to Okinawa with him. They were there like 2 weeks before the bitch is driving him nuts and spending all his money. It turns out she hadn't been home to see her family in like 10 years and it's just a short hop on a military transport plane so he asks her if she wants to go home for a visit.

Anyway, at the departure gate he swipes her wallet with all her money and ID. So she arrives in the PI with ni ID or money. Everytime she'd try to call him collect, he'd tell the perator, "Who? Never heard of her." She finally found a way back to Oki and he was like, "Honest, Honey. I've been trying to figure out how to get you back here all this time." They've been married like 15 years now and have 4 kids, but damn that was funny [censored] at the time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 08:57 AM

Ah man, you've hit on a petpeeve of mine.

I don't know how many times I had to drag buddies away from soul-sucking whores looking for a 1 way ticket to "the big PX" in America.

These guys were so stupid.

Glad it worked out for your buddy, but 99% of the time it doesn't.

So bad watching the Westpac widows come out when their men went on float.

When I went on float, half my unit was married. By the time I got out, 2 of the 14 guys who I went on float with were still married. Crazy.