Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: playing two pair

[ QUOTE ]
It's also important to note that with a hand like the one mentioned above, you should be raising after the flop (especially in late position). This will either chase everyone or almost everyone out of the pot, or will at least give you a good indication of where you stand. If you get callers, and an A, T, or J hits on the turn and you get a bet into, you should fold. Same goes if the turn and the river give a possible flush and you get bet into.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do if you're in early position here? Say you bet the flop, got called, and then on the turn an A, T, or J hits and you're first to act?

What about in late position? (I imagine in late position it's just as you quoted above)
Old 04-27-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: playing two pair

[ QUOTE ]

What would you do if you're in early position here? Say you bet the flop, got called, and then on the turn an A, T, or J hits and you're first to act?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would depend on the size of my stack, the size of the pot, the number of opponents still in, and my perception of the skill-level of my opponents. Heads up or short-handed and with a good sized stack, I might take a stab at winning the pot by making a bet of 1/2 the pot or pot-sized. Other times I might just check and hope that my opponent checks along, or makes a small enough bet that I have the odds to call. I try to mix it up in these situations so as to not be predictable. With an aggressive opponent, I'll always check. With a weak opponent, I'd generally bet. If I'm in early position and bet and get raised, I'll fold.

[ QUOTE ]

What about in late position? (I imagine in late position it's just as you quoted above)

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads-up or short-handed, if it's checked to me I'll almost always bet. If I'm raised, chances are my opponent has made the straight, so I fold. With multiple opponents, I check to see the free card and hope that it's a K, Q, or a blank.