Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone Rant

Well, $5/half hour seems sadly like standard table charges for a binky NL game.

Yeah, it's a bit steep. But what ya gonna do?
Old 04-23-2005, 02:19 PM

Not at all they just hit you for more money beaucse your playing bigger, its just like 4k/8k they hit those dudes for liek 32 dollars a half hour.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:19 PM

since you like the word so much, I thought it might be worth noting that it is spelled, "ridiculous."
Old 04-23-2005, 02:37 PM

From what I've heard the big game players don't pay anywhere near 64$ an hour.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:54 PM

Why would you ware a Boston Redsox jacket in NY state? When you got all that flack, did you think about putting on other clothes?

If you don't like the poker comps, try blowing a few grand on the table games. You will be treated like royalty next time you arrive.

The rake is pretty standard and I prefer table charges. In bigger games, the rake becomes pretty insignificant, but if you can't beat the 1-2 NL, I wouldn't try anything bigger.

The bottom line is that if you could beat the fish and maniacs in the 1-2 no limit game, you wouldn't be complaining about the rakes and comps.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It used to be that every pot larger than $10 was raked 3$, but now you have to pay the dealer at the table 5$ every half hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of a rake increase is this? The current rake is $100/hr off the table (assuming 10 handed). How many pots/hr are over $10? I have no idea how TS plays, but in the B&M 1/2 NL games I've played most hands are over $10.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:30 PM

You weren't winning 3 pots an hour before? If you are so tight that you were only winning one or two pots an hour than this rake increase does hurt you. However if you are like the other 80% of players that win more like 4-8 pots an hour this is a discount for you. Rake is paid by loose players, and session fees are paid by tight players.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:08 PM

turningstone players always gave heat to red sox fans, even before they won the world series.

i think it started happening because ts shows the yankee games on those plasma screens, and this would of course generate some trash talking between yankee/boston fans. when the game consisted of those two teams, you could imagine the intensity.

ignore them. theyre stupid. red sox may be a barbaric, scumsucking group of pretentious players, but that still doesnt mean that you shouldnt be able to root for them. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2005, 05:38 PM

$5 per 1/2 hour for time is standard, and while it is high if you're beating the game it won't matter. At 100 max buy in games you have to build a stack and push people around, if you have a stack the $5 won't hurt you, if you are hovering at 80 bucks obviously it will have an effect.

Anyone know the 200NL game rake off the top of their head? I'll be going up to TS in the next couple weeks once my buddy gets back from school, not sure if i'm gonna play more 10/20 or 200NL

Also, I've always worn my bosox hat while at TS and I've gotten [censored] for it but I enjoy it.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:32 PM

Yeah, poker comps to suck. I'll sit at a table for 6 hours and make a couple bucks towards a dinner, while my friend drops 200 at the roulette table in 30 minutes and has free rooms offered to him every other month. Oh well.

Every time I sit at a table in AC, there's a sox fan there. I'm only one of 3 yankee fans in my family (the rest are mets fans with a few sox fans as well) so I don't have alot of hatred for you guys like others do. I still make jokes and give them a hard time, but it's all in good fun. And besides, you have to expect getting heat in NY state. You should have heard some of the awful things that were shouted at my brother in NYC, especially when he took this picture.

it's part of being a sports fan.