Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: do you take a stand?

[ QUOTE ]
He didn't have AA, he had A5s. If he did, and you knew it, you would be losing $13.29 by calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read the results.

I don't think this is a useful way to think about things though, simply because I doubt you can put him on a weak ace with that push. Putting him on the range is obviously better, though not super important with QQ just because you're going to crush everything except for three hands.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Putting him on the range is obviously better, though not super important with QQ just because you're going to crush everything except for three hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chump big stack is pushing here with AA, KK almost never. He'll be tricky.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:03 PM

Apsotively. I just put that up because I ran it myself out of curiousity. The $1.80 or so is better as it is using a range that includes A5s. It would be better if you put him on a larger range. If you put him on a smaller range, then you were wrong about your range, but it could still be a good call.

In order for the call to be wrong though, he doesn't have to just have a range of AA, KK, AK. It may be surprising that 88+, AJ+, A9s+, KJs+ would make the call $0EV. Since you would still have FE if you fold it might not be a good call if you put him on that range. On the other hand, some people seem to feel that when ICM is close you should definitely call.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:42 PM

You have 5 BBs left. - you need to call here.

Doubling up is your best shot at 1st, otherwise you are playing to hang on to third - and if one of the other short stacks doubles up - 3rd isn't really a guarantee for you.

But nice bad beat (sort of ) post.