FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Child Rape vs. Child Murder

[ QUOTE ]
Both deserve no less than life in prison

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-23-2005, 10:16 AM

Doesn't the fear of getting caught increase the likelihood that a sexual predator will kill his victim? Instead of letting the victim go, he feels obligated to kill them to eliminate a witness and/or evidence.

Is there a way to encourage these guys not to kill their sexual victims, without releasing them into society to commit more crimes?
Old 04-23-2005, 06:51 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't the fear of getting caught increase the likelihood that a sexual predator will kill his victim? Instead of letting the victim go, he feels obligated to kill them to eliminate a witness and/or evidence

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming these people are rational and logical, basically soundly thinking, to begin with?

b
Old 04-24-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're assuming these people are rational and logical, basically soundly thinking, to begin with?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think they are all these things?, they seem to me to have the disease most of society have, in that they put their own sick desires ahead of anything else, and be damned with the victim. I don't really care if they are ill, I'd support the death penalty for these people, being from the UK and being against the death penalty full stop, it makes me a hypocrit but I don't care, thats the way I feel.

Mack
Old 04-24-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think they are all these things?, they seem to me to have the disease most of society have, in that they put their own sick desires ahead of anything else, and be damned with the victim

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think most of society (50+%) put their own 'sick' desires ahead of anything else. Meaning that if they have them, they don't act on them. Think of what the world would be like if people did. Not to mention, most people (50+%) don't have 'sick' desires to molest and kill kids.

b
Old 04-24-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I don't think most of society (50+%) put their own 'sick' desires ahead of anything else. Meaning that if they have them, they don't act on them. Think of what the world would be like if people did. Not to mention, most people (50+%) don't have 'sick' desires to molest and kill kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but indirectly things that benefit many people make other people suffer, theres a difference but it comes down to symantics in the end. I'm not suggesting that a lot of people are child molesters, but they are not all 'saints' either.

Mack
Old 04-24-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not suggesting that a lot of people are child molesters, but they are not all 'saints' either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a pretty wide gap, don't you? There's quite a gray area in between.

b
Old 04-25-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is now serving a 16.5 year sentence in a state prison. I have no problem with the length of his sentence

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a problem with it. It should be longer (literal life sentence) or the death penalty.

Or are you saying that after 16.5 years, you wouldn't mind him coming out of prison and living on your block? Maybe even babysitting your kids or grandkids? Or is it ok since he only did his own kids, therefore he isn't as much a threat to kids that aren't his?

Im wondering why you think 16.5 years is adequate given his crime?

b

[/ QUOTE ]

If I hadn't worked with the guy for a substantial amount of time, I would probably agree with you. 16.5 years in prison for this guy is going to be rough. He is maybe 5'9" and 150lbs soaking wet. He is going to experience what he put his kids through in spades and lubricant free. The top of the sentencing range for him was 20 years, but the judge dropped off time because he spared the kids a trial by admitting guilt.

Regarding the question of him living on my street and watching my kids--the answer would have been NFW even if he had never committed these crimes. I never had any respect for him as a person, but he was the best mechanic I had, so I had to rely on him. Without these circumstances I would not have bothered to get to know him. Actually, prior to becoming his boss I would feed him [censored] about having so many kids (4 by age 25). I used to tell him what a shame it is that so many fit parents out there that want kids so badly can't have any, and here you are, can't even afford to take care of yourself, with 4 kids. Then I'd tell him that he could sell off a couple on the black market for probably $15,000 a pop. Little did I know that they really would be better off if he did this.

He's going to pay dearly in prison and his kids get a chance to recover. My real point here was that it seems unjust that this woman who violently murdered her stepchild pays less than half the price (when you factor in the unlubed violence that the rapist is going to suffer).
Old 04-25-2005, 06:12 PM

Article
Old 04-25-2005, 10:28 PM

And then there's some that do both.

My daughter went to school with the 10 year old mentioned in this article. Makes me wish there was a death penalty in MN

Link