Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Chipco \"Tournament\" poker chips

$1 a chip not bad for ceramic or clay. Nevada Jacks are a bit cheaper at .50 chip. Otherwise go with a plastic chip w metal insert. .10+ a piece.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:11 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...94473&rd=1
Old 05-02-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you completely. But when you look at it like, "I am spending .5k on poker chips!", it seems a little bonkers. I am actually really unhappy with the state of most poker chips these days, but I think these are the best things I have ever seen in my life. I like them better than any of the pc.com chips I have seen, and I like them better than Paulsons. I am in love with these chips. I have a birthday in May, so if my mom and pops don't wanna shell out 500 bucks, I will chip in (pun intended). I think I would only go with the top four denoms though. The yellow black, black yellow, pink light blue(I think), and the black red. Incredible chips. How do they feel, stack, and sound? Anyone? Can you get samples?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really want these chips, I would suggest that you save/beg/borrow/etc. until you can get them.

Waiting is terrible, I know. But most people (including me) who've had an experience of "settling" for something less, end up getting what they really wanted after all, and spending extra money in the interim.

These are terrific, high-quality chips that will last for many years. If you need chips in the meantime, I'd honestly suggest 11.5g "dice" chips or something in the $.06 - $.10 range. They'll work just fine and remind you of how much money you're saving up for your WSOP Tourneys!
Old 05-02-2005, 11:51 AM

Funny enough, I have 500 Dice right now, which clearly drove me to get something better. There is nothing like trying to chat over the metallic clinks from shuffling and tossing chips in the pot. I decided I am just gonna save up and cover whatever my parents won't. And then I will just keep adding on to my set of 500 when I get the cash. I really want these chips, and it seems like everyone else loves them too. Thanks boys!
Old 05-02-2005, 03:43 PM

ah sweet - I remember when the discussion was going around about making quality WSOP replicas - that's sweet -

but $510 bucks...yah...that's expensive...LOL

RB
Old 05-02-2005, 07:19 PM

I love chipco! Great chips... Got about 1200-1500 myself for cash and tourney.