Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Staffs
My staff (Schmidt/Sheets) 4 19.05%
His staff (Santana/Prior) 17 80.95%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker vs Poker Office

I am quite a big fan of poker office; however, the one major problem is that the software focuses on in-game information at the expense of giving useful stats for finding leaks in your own game over the long term. The designer has stated on the forums this will be rectified in future upgrades.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Poker Office accepted by party poker & co? The stats on board seem sketchy...could be counted as using a bot....

[/ QUOTE ]

Any application that is actually reading hands on the fly in this fashion is a bot. I'll have no sympathy for the first person that gets their account banned and their funds frozen.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is Poker Office accepted by party poker & co? The stats on board seem sketchy...could be counted as using a bot....

[/ QUOTE ]

Any application that is actually reading hands on the fly in this fashion is a bot. I'll have no sympathy for the first person that gets their account banned and their funds frozen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You think that displaying the history of the current hand counts as a bot? I believe you that this is so according to Party's definition, but morally I don't see how this is any different from using PT.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You think that displaying the history of the current hand counts as a bot? I believe you that this is so according to Party's definition, but morally I don't see how this is any different from using PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there is a clear and bright line IMO between superimposing information on the screen, and reading information directly from the screen.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there is a clear and bright line IMO between superimposing information on the screen, and reading information directly from the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

While we're on the topic..

I just got a copy of pokeroffice, but havent really used it much yet. So, I dont really have an opinion.

I would like to point out that I obtained my copy via an empire poker affiliate program, in which I had to play 250 raked hands.

But... I dont really know a whole lot about the affiliate system, and it seems possible that empire is not aware of this deal.

Also... while we're at it... this is what I've edited my skins to look like... Im allowed to do this right??

(Im semi paranoid, if its not obvious)

Old 04-23-2005, 05:07 PM

I just used it for a couple orbits. It was a little scarry. looking at that info like that. I don't know that I would be comfortable using it at this point. Especially when you can see your cards before you get them on table. Again I would be a little nervous.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:53 PM

Party has stated numerous times they don't have a problem with it. There was a big discussion here about it when it first came out, i'm sure you can find the thread if you search for it.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any application that is actually reading hands on the fly in this fashion is a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]
By this reasoning any blind person using a screen reader is guilty as well. And yes, they do exist.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially when you can see your cards before you get them on table.

[/ QUOTE ]
You see your cards before you get them? I've never heard of this. Is this only because you haven't disabled card and chip animations? If so, then I don't see a problem.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this only because you haven't disabled card and chip animations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah! Why would you disable these animations? They make everything more fun. And the congratulatory fireworks are sweeeeeet.

Bah, I still play for entertainment as well as money. I'm such a novice.