Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Mike Paulle Sklansky Rip (first post)

I think you got flamed because you posted an article criticizing DS without adding an opinion to it, which might be construed as you criticizing him. Next time, add your opinion to make it clear.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:29 AM

so how many times has this guy made the money in a major tournament? does he get off on chastising other players (john stolzman etc)?
Old 04-22-2005, 01:54 AM

Welcome! I am a relative newbie as well and don't think your post was inappropriate at all. I also read that comment by Mike Paulle and was surprised by it based on the fact that David Sklansky doesn't play many tourneys and in this one he is doing very well.

Of course Mike Paulle is a known douche so take all of his "poker journalism" with a grain of salt.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:43 AM

Hi sfcard:

First, your post is fine.

I think what happens is that there are those out there who are extremely jealous of our success and they take shots at us whenever they can. As for David, he can handle it. Also, one of the reasons that you haven't been seeing him cash much in tournaments is that he hasn't been playing many of them.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 04-22-2005, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am confused why you are getting flamed too. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get the impression this was a troll at all.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about it. It looks like you just linked to something somebody else said. There's a lot of people here with sand in their vaginas, so I'm not surprised you got ripped for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FishBurger just hit the nail in the head. Nothing wrong with the post card... welcome to 2+2.

Also yeah, Mike Paulle sucks.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:19 PM

Pokerpages is just about worthless - too bad too.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post. Thought people might get a kick out of this.

Mike Paulle on Sklansky in the WPT Championship blog:
"Gary Furness asked me to comment on David Sklanksy's tournament style. I'd like to, but David seems to have learned to play tournament poker from Mike Caro. Neither of them make the money very often. I'll have to try and get someone to comment who's played with him today."

http://www.pokerpages.com/blog-playe...ike-paulle.htm

Nice to be here,
Card

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice time for this douchebag to make a post like this since Sklansky is in the top 30 in chips with 45 left at the WPT championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy can't even flame some he thinks is a troll very well. 45 people left and he is in the Top 30? (FYI he is 27th) I think pointing out he is still around in the final 45 is good but to try and say being in the Top 30 out of 45 in chips is kind of silly. Like Raymer is in the Top 31 of the 45 left. Top 10,, Top 15 yeah.. even Top 20 (upper half) maybe but stretching it to 30 out 45 is a looong reach.

Nothing wrong with the post at all some people on here just worship S&M so much they take offense at anything less then that.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a lot of people here with sand in their vaginas,

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for David, he can handle it. Also, one of the reasons that you haven't been seeing him cash much in tournaments is that he hasn't been playing many of them.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason,

Is David starting to play more tournaments? For some reason, I thought I heard this on the forums.

I would think that it would be a good strategy, since it publicizes 2+2 which leads to a boost in book sales.

John