Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2002, 11:26 PM

Default Re: 8 mile

Well, I haven't seen the movie yet, but if they cannot even get the tense of "mile" correct in the title, how good can it be? Do these guys know singular from plural?. [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2002, 11:58 PM

Babe,

I understand your confusion, but "8 mile" is actually the name of a street that runs through Detroit - the so-called "color line." I've heard the movie is about the tension between the two sides, like the tension between the "greasers" and the "socs" (socials) in the movie "The Outsiders." Since I go to grad school at UMich, I've been to 8 mile a few times, and it's extremely impoverished in parts. . .

glen
Old 11-10-2002, 06:06 AM

Default Re: AOTC

Attack of the Clones is already out on IMAX. November 1st.

I agree...big movies on IMAX screens could not hurt the moviegoing experience.

--Jason
Old 11-10-2002, 10:19 AM

Default walk a \"mile\" in their shoes...

and you may see things in a different light...
Old 11-11-2002, 12:43 PM

How can you say that eminem is anti-establishment? He is all about the establishment. Every album he puts out will have one hook song to sell to the mainstream, the buy anything played on the radio crowd, then disregard the remainder of the album when it turns out to be bullshit drivel. His image of Fu** you if you don't like me is the marketing campaign to impress the 12-18 year olds who want to attach to a rebellious symbol. Who honestly thinks that Eminem would be taken as a bad ass on the streets?

the fact that the word oscar is associated with 8 mile shows that eminem is part of the establishment, and that if you can hit on enough liberal sufferage issues in a movie that it will get academy consideration.

finally your comments on the east coast-west coast war show that far to many people these days get their news from the hard hitting news organization MTV News. As Chris Rock once said, Tupac Shakir and Biggie Smalls weren't assisinated, the Niggas got themelves shot. Martin Luther King was assisinated. Mr. Rock was right, Mr. King was killed because of his beliefs and principles. Tupac and Biggie were killed because of Greed, stupidity and name calling (all of which was fueled by marketing records - rather irionic isn't it)
Old 11-11-2002, 12:45 PM

Default Re: walk a \"mile\" in their shoes...

would those be adidas or K-swiss, cuz I got shot at last time I wore my air Jordans
Old 11-11-2002, 05:23 PM

Are you trying to tell me that Vanilla Ice rapping for the Teenage mutant ninja turtles didn't speak to you