Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Stoxtrader hand

Why not just say, "well known solid playing 2+2er" and then we can all flame with impunity.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:11 PM

On partyoker 15-30 in large multiway pots it is normally the most aggressive player who has the least number of outs who hits his 2-5 outer on the river who wins the pot. Keeping this in mind, the player on the button played the hand optimally. The only thing that went wrong was that he did not suckout on the end. However, this instance was a rare exception, and this play is definitely +EV for the partypoker software.

And just in case you think this post is just whining about bad beats, I want to add that this is how I win most of my large pots, that is by betting/ raising with the worst hand and then sucking out on the river. However, in my own defense I am a bad player who very rarely knows where I am at in a pot, so most of time I am betting/raising with my 2-5 outer, I am doing it in the misguided belief I have the best hand.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure either way but is it cool to post a hand played by another poster and criticize his play?

If you posted some of my trash I would be laughed off this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto
Old 04-21-2005, 07:52 PM

1) who is stox?

2) i know bk and myself and others have said its fine to post our hands, but usually if its not clear, pm him and ask.

3) any reads on any players?? - taking hands in isolation may not bet the best way to learn either.

-Barron
Old 04-21-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On partyoker 15-30 in large multiway pots it is normally the most aggressive player who has the least number of outs who hits his 2-5 outer on the river who wins the pot. Keeping this in mind, the player on the button played the hand optimally. The only thing that went wrong was that he did not suckout on the end. However, this instance was a rare exception, and this play is definitely +EV for the partypoker software.

And just in case you think this post is just whining about bad beats, I want to add that this is how I win most of my large pots, that is by betting/ raising with the worst hand and then sucking out on the river. However, in my own defense I am a bad player who very rarely knows where I am at in a pot, so most of time I am betting/raising with my 2-5 outer, I am doing it in the misguided belief I have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD
Old 04-21-2005, 09:11 PM

So sorry...Stox is BB.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:13 PM

Sorry but I wouldn't mind it at all. I posted his play b/c I know hes a damn good player....Shouldn't have mentioned the name.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(assuming he's button)

Don't like it.

That's not how most of us play AK fwiw. Ugly ugly play. I cna't hate too much on the flop if he's raising for a free card, but [censored], why the hell would you bet the turn vs 4 players. Ugh stox, no offense, but this is a bad hand man.

Thank god you checked the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparantly stox was the BB and i play it the same on the flop. bet the flop call a raise and im done on the turn though...

-Barron
Old 04-21-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poor taste. dont take it personally, but in wouldnt do it again. maybe stox had some read on the guy, maybe he just played it like a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about this further, is this really the case (poor taste). People posts their hands against other 2+2ers all the time. Maybe their looking for advice about their own play, but I don't really see the difference. I did not post this hand for the purpose of criticizing it; rather, I posted it so that I can understand it better. It may or may not have been a good line, but since I thought it was a dangerous line, I wanted to see how others reacted. In many respects, its a very straightforward type of hand and those hands, despite their importance, are often somewhat ignored in this forum (whereas the crazy, no simple answer hands are discussed with overkill).

I just don't think it was such a bad thing, but by all means, if the consensus on this forum is that it shouldn't be done, I won't do it.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are a moron.