Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: QTs in CO: Help

it is very read dependent, but #1 there is the UTG raiser and #2 there are people cold calling. without reads, these people could be cold calling with hands that will have you dominated even if you get a piece of the flop. that is why i think you should fold QTs, so it isn't a matter of how many really but who is raising and who is coldcalling.

i think it is definitely a limping hand, but again it depends on who is limping. but with it being multihanded and your late position, i play this hand. if button and blinds are tight enough to fold, i might raise, but that's just me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I was stuck this whole hand. While I was playing it I felt I was playing correctly, but looking back I don't know if any of it was correct.

1/2 Full Tilt (9-handed) no reads.

Hero is in CO with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

1 Fold,UTG+1 Raises, MP1 Calls, MP2 Calls, 1 Fold, Hero Calls, Button Folds, SB Folds, BB Calls

Flop:7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB Checks, UTG+1 Bets, MP1 Folds,MP2 Calls, Hero Calls, BB Folds

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG+1 Bets, MP2 Calls, Hero Calls

River is irrelevant, becuase if I make the hand I bet/raise and if I miss I fold. My real questions is: is any of this ok?

Thanks for the help.

CC

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold this preflop.
the rest is standard.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:06 PM

I would like another cold-caller but preflop is not bad IMHO, especially if you suspect others are coming along.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:15 PM

...a la grunch...

With 2 people limping before you, the PF limp is ok by me, but I'd like it better with a read that it would buy the button (which it did).

On the flop, you're getting about 12-1 from the pot to call with multiple draws, and since BB was a blind you are, for all intents and purposes, closing the action. What would you have done if BB raised?

Turn is fine to call. You've got a double-gutter to the nut straight plus the flush draw, giving you 16 outs.

Summing up, I'd say the only dicey part is the PF call. That builds the pot to a point where all the rest of it is fine.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:17 PM

I think whether or not you played this correctly depends on why you played it this way.

What do you think UTG+1 is raising with? Even with no reads you have to put him on some range of hands. And what about the coldcallers? And how does your hand play against this range?

And what kind of flop are you looking for here? How will you play a Q-high flop? Or a T-high flop? What if it's KQx with a diamond? You need to have a plan - you can't just play your cards because they look pretty.

And I don't think the river is irrevelant at all. What if it's J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? Or a black Q? What if it's a diamond and it's bet and raised in front of you?

All we can tell from your post is that you clicked the Call button three times. That might have been the right thing to do. I might have done it that way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. But that doesn't mean you played it correctly.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop you have a gunshot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, people...don't bring weapons to the cardroom!
Old 04-21-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think whether or not you played this correctly depends on why you played it this way.

What do you think UTG+1 is raising with? Even with no reads you have to put him on some range of hands. And what about the coldcallers? And how does your hand play against this range?

And what kind of flop are you looking for here? How will you play a Q-high flop? Or a T-high flop? What if it's KQx with a diamond? You need to have a plan - you can't just play your cards because they look pretty.

And I don't think the river is irrevelant at all. What if it's J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? Or a black Q? What if it's a diamond and it's bet and raised in front of you?

All we can tell from your post is that you clicked the Call button three times. That might have been the right thing to do. I might have done it that way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. But that doesn't mean you played it correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for the lack of information given. New to this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

When I called with QTs I was calling purely on the straight and flush possibilities (is this wrong?) I "assumed" of the raiser and limpers before me that at least one would have my high pairs dominated. So Q high or ten high flop with 0 diamonds or straight possibilities (backdoor, gutshot or OE)I would fold to a bet or check out of fear of domination (is this right thinking?) KQx with a diamond i would play the same way i played that flop.

For the river, if it was a J of hearts i would probably call down. A Q I would fold. Diamond bet and raised I would reraise if it wasn't 9 or K-- pairing the board-- and might fold if it was.

I don't know if these plays are correct but thats my thinking and I was definitely thinking that while playing my hand. I will try to be more detailed in future posts about this stuff.

Thanks all for the help.

CC
Old 04-21-2005, 07:00 PM

yes i tend to agree with everyone else you shouldnt have called the raise preflop but the rest of the hand is fine.

A
Old 04-21-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling purely on the straight and flush possibilities

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking, as well (which doesn't make it +EV, btw). And with two coldcallers in front, I think you've got the overlay you need for that. Spiking a pair, however, may very possibly be a not good thing - as long as you know you can get out of the kitchen if it gets too hot, you should be fine.

I like it.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:23 PM

I muck this preflop.