Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: 22/33 players

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why this is such a huge question on the forums lately. No one on here can accurately tell you if you are ready to move up because they simply have not seen you play at all or very little. I think the best way to gauge "if your ready" is to try it. The way I did it was to mix in a 22 into my 11's when I was quad tabling. I would do this until I was consistently winning at the 22s or I felt that I was ready to take the full plunge. Anyway, thats my suggestion and I am surprised no one really talks about easing into it like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

See that's interesting, because I really do NOT like doing it this way. I had a lot of trouble trying to ease my way into the 20's from the 10's. I was back to just the 10s and decided one day I was going to move. So I went from 1/2 tabling the 10s to 4-tabling the 20s and never looked back. It was rough for just a little while, then things smoothed out. I'd probably plan to do the same with the 30s.

Of course, my original question wasn't about whether I was 'ready'. I was just asking what people who were recently playing both noticed. There's been a couple pretty decent answers.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play the 50s pretty regularly and due to some bad beats/bad play, I lost a huge chunk of my bankroll. I had to drop to the 20s. I used to play the 30s before moving to the 50s. The 30s are much tougher than the 50s or the 20s. Now that I am back in the 20s, it still amazes me how willing people are to hand their chips to you. I don't think that I'll ever move up again. Why move up if you are killing the 20s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, would you rather make 20% at the 20s or 10% at the 50s? I'd rather the latter, do you see why? Seriously though, you'd be making more money at the table plus 150% more in rakeback.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:59 AM

he was actually replying to me. I was asking about being ready.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why this is such a huge question on the forums lately. No one on here can accurately tell you if you are ready to move up because they simply have not seen you play at all or very little. I think the best way to gauge "if your ready" is to try it. The way I did it was to mix in a 22 into my 11's when I was quad tabling. I would do this until I was consistently winning at the 22s or I felt that I was ready to take the full plunge. Anyway, thats my suggestion and I am surprised no one really talks about easing into it like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

See that's interesting, because I really do NOT like doing it this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you there. I never liked doing this at the limit games, and although the different in limit games is apparently more striking than difference in SnGs, I've noticed enough difference between the 11s and the 22s that I wouldn't want to mix them (I have a hard enough time keeping track of what level I'm on).
Old 04-21-2005, 11:02 AM

yeah but when you hit a cold streak it would get mighty cold in the 50's but it would be pretty nice when you are on a hoty streak. Variance would be a bitch if you are a regulat 20's player. I eventually will be 8-12 tabling the 50's but right now am happy with the low variance of the 20's.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I am pretty comfortable crushing the 20's and making good money per night.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you consider "crushing," if you don't mind sharing? And over how many games? I'm just trying to get a feel for where I should/need to be.

(Yes, this is a sneaky way to ask "what's a good ROI for the 22s" without getting grief for starting a new thread.)
Old 04-21-2005, 11:09 AM

Well it's not a very big sample size like most have here but it's enough for me to judge that I can beat these games pretty easy.. I have only about 500 games in (that I have tracked) and my ROI is around 24%. I am not sure if this is really "crushing" the games but I feel like I am and I still feel I have a few holes to plug yet.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:40 AM

web page
Old 04-21-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
web page

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thanks Voltron but I think you look at MY post, I wasn't asking 'can I beat it', 'how hard is it', 'am I ready for it', blah blah blah. I asked:

[ QUOTE ]

I'm just wondering if there's anyone that has recently made the move from 22 to 33 and what your take on the difference in play is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a fair enough request. When I've logged enough 22s to feel confident that the numbers aren't a complete fluke and I'm comfortable in my bankroll, I'll move. I don't think that the subject of differences between SNG levels should be completely off limits just because some people constantly ask if they are ready to move.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:10 PM

The point is the only way to find out the differences is to play some.