Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: New AM Spreadsheet with Poker Tracker Import (ver 2.3d)

[ QUOTE ]
I play a lot of tournaments online and the speadsheets I see throughout 2+2 work well. But I also play unconventional costs tournaments at friends houses or clubs. What do most of you do when the buyin and vig don't conform to the spreadsheets. I nkow we can massage the various costs, but it seems like a lot of work when I have 10 or 20 tournaments a month that don't conform to the online buyin guides.

any ideas

john

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 5 different buyin tabs at the bottom, You can change the buyin to whatever u like in each tab. Do you play more than 5 different buyins signifactly?
Old 04-21-2005, 10:22 AM

Thanks man, you've done excellent work with this project, though I have never used the spreadsheet or the sng tracker by hood. I may have to try this out. My big problem last time was that I downloaded it and then it gave me some bull$hit about having macros disabled for security reasons, and I was far, far too lazy to figure out how to turn them on. With this new functionality, it seems it may be more worth the attempt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

May you have positive variance for your hard work.

citanul
Old 04-21-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My big problem last time was that I downloaded it and then it gave me some bull$hit about having macros disabled for security reasons, and I was far, far too lazy to figure out how to turn them on. With this new functionality, it seems it may be more worth the attempt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think security is set to "high" by default. It's easy to change (but not easy to find). Just go to Tools->Options. Click the Security Tab, and then press the Macro Security button. Choose the Medium setting (which will warn you about macros so you can choose to run them or not). Then when you load the sheet, choose "Enable Macros."

That should fix you right up.

[ QUOTE ]
May you have positive variance for your hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I've gotten so much helpful advice here, I'm just glad that I could provide something useful to give back to the group.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-21-2005, 11:30 AM

When I try to import from Pokertracker, it doesn't find any PT databases... do I need to put it in a special place for it to see it?
Old 04-21-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I try to import from Pokertracker, it doesn't find any PT databases... do I need to put it in a special place for it to see it?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's strange -- it's supposed to check your registry to get the databases. Are you saying the the drop-down list is empty? What version of PT are you running?
Old 04-21-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I also play unconventional costs tournaments at friends houses or clubs. What do most of you do when the buyin and vig don't conform to the spreadsheets. I nkow we can massage the various costs, but it seems like a lot of work when I have 10 or 20 tournaments a month that don't conform to the online buyin guides.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to make sure you know, the payout structure, as well as just the buy-in and vig can be changed in cells G4:G8 (under "payout percentages"), although I didn't debug it so it may still not work correctly. You can try it and report back? If that still doesn't suit your needs, there may be some more advanced ways to work around your problem down below the "disregard everything below this line" line. PM me and I'll be happy to help you with it.

Slim
Old 04-21-2005, 05:09 PM

I like this: I think I'm going to write an add-on that will just pull all of these stats straight from your HH in the Party HandHistory directory. Would this be a waste of time or has it already been done?
Old 04-21-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this: I think I'm going to write an add-on that will just pull all of these stats straight from your HH in the Party HandHistory directory. Would this be a waste of time or has it already been done?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it can be done (I've already done it for Party Skins, but I did it in Java, which doesn't play nice with Excel). The trick is handling all the different sites and all the different formats of those sites. I already had PT, which had already done it for me, so that's why I took the easy route since I know a lot of folks already had PT.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:11 PM

Since I need to fix this one way or the other anyway, would people rather have the "Year" tab start from the earliest day for which there is a tournament recorded, or just have it start Jan-1? Everything is set up such that recording tournaments more than one year apart gets modestly sketchy anyway.

Slim
Old 04-22-2005, 06:34 PM

er, so i loaded up some sngs, got it to not crash, and imported...

but on the stats page, it has the ROI and ITM as different numbers in the top left of the page and in the "below the line" part of the page. neither of these itm numbers matches the chart? they don't match the ptracker numbers, but i've lost a lot of hands that i guess i have summaries for...

looks incredibly cool though, when in full working power.

citanul