Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: KQo on BB problems..

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe everyone is cool with the preflop call. I fold here preflop almost automatically. Therein lies your problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB could be raising what he sees as a couple of weak LP limpers, but I do agree that KQo is not a fun hand to play against a legitimate preflop raise, even at a discount.

A read on SB would be helpful here.

Anyway, I don't know what's best preflop, but I did consider folding as an option. I just didn't feel strongly enough about it to mention it.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe everyone is cool with the preflop call. I fold here preflop almost automatically. Therein lies your problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call is easy IMO unless the SB is a known rock. At least two of the opponents will have shitty hands here.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Call is easy IMO unless the SB is a known rock. At least two of the opponents will have shitty hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because you're getting a discount? If so, aren't you still as likely to be dominated by a reasonable range of SB raising hands? (TT-AA, AK, AQ) And if it's the opponents' hands that concern you, are you cold-calling KQo on the button after a light LP raise follows a few donk limpers?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because you're getting a discount? If so, aren't you still as likely to be dominated by a reasonable range of SB raising hands? (TT-AA, AK, AQ) And if it's the opponents' hands that concern you, are you cold-calling KQo on the button after a light LP raise follows a few donk limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you "dominated" by TT and JJ?

I'd call there everytime too. I think the raising range there of the SB is much wider than you're stating. Being out of position will suck, but for one more bet? I'm in.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:45 PM

I don't get why the SB's raising range needs to be so tight, especially against two late position limpers, and with a tight player in the big blind. I'd be raising stuff like QTs and 66 there.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why the SB's raising range needs to be so tight, especially against two late position limpers, and with a tight player in the big blind. I'd be raising stuff like QTs and 66 there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate,

I agree. Also, I understand the reasoning behind raising QTs here (to build a pot that will tie people to there hands if you hit it, and also as a way to set up bluffs), but I don't see the reasoning behind raising 66 here. Could you explain?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate,

I agree. Also, I understand the reasoning behind raising QTs here (to build a pot that will tie people to there hands if you hit it, and also as a way to set up bluffs), but I don't see the reasoning behind raising 66 here. Could you explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 66 raise is mostly just to set up a steal on the flop. It also makes it more likely that my hand will hold up unimproved if I can get the BB out.

My guess is that I'd raise the QTs maybe 2/3 of the time here and the 66 maybe 1/2 of the time, depends a lot on my image.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The 66 raise is mostly just to set up a steal on the flop. It also makes it more likely that my hand will hold up unimproved if I can get the BB out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting....

So I'd guess in loose, calling-station type game you wouldn't make this move with 66.

Also, let's say you have 66 and the flop come AJ6r. Do you bet out or c/r? How about if the A was a K?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'd guess in loose, calling-station type game you wouldn't make this move with 66.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, let's say you have 66 and the flop come AJ6r. Do you bet out or c/r? How about if the A was a K?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hells yeah I bet out.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How are you "dominated" by TT and JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't. I just said considering his range of hands, which includes TT and JJ but also AK and AQ and QQ-AA, most of them have you dominated. Maybe it's true that he raises lighter than that, but I usually don't see SB raises that are so light. Maybe if he's a thinking player, but most people aren't thinking players.

So I'm the only person who folds here?