Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Sunglasses

95% of my poker play is online and I would never play withouth my sunglasses. They provide relief from the glare of my computer monitor.
I never wear them when I play live.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Sunglasses

I think it goes both ways. I've played with some of both good and bad players who wear sunglasses. It maybe intimidating to some but I judge them the way they play sunglasses or no sunglasses at all. The poor players are most probably doing it for image and maybe hallucinating that they are good. I've played with a tourist sporting an expensive-looking shades with blinders, who bought for 5 C-notes and slowly scanned the players as if sizing his opponents while stacking his chips. Three of us regulars glanced at one another maybe thinking that a pro just sat down. He was so horrible that in a hand, he capped a betting on the river with the ignorant head of a straight with a flush on the board and lost to the nut flush. His stack dwindled to 4 chips in about an hour and a half and left. One regular later commented that the tourist's shades maybe so dark that he was trying so hard to find a card on the board to call with.