Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: can you find a fold here?

[ QUOTE ]
but then again I can't really think of any hand he plays this way that you beat if you say that he is a good thinking player

[/ QUOTE ]

finally!! You guys keep putting my opponent on hands, but what does a good thinking player put on me? 12 small bets in the pot on the flop, there is zero chance I bet into that big a field without 1010 or 77 and he knows this. Now how do you like my hand on the end?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:13 AM

FOLDING IS THE WORST OF THREE OPTIONS.

Once again: YOUR FOLD WAS ***TERRIBLE!!!***

Adam
Old 04-15-2005, 10:19 AM

I understand what you're saying, but I call on the end because I think the pot odds are laying me strong enough in case he even accidentally mis-clicked.

I even managed to say that without using all-caps and a million exclamation marks. I must be odd.

- Jim
Old 04-15-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand what you're saying, but I call on the end because I think the pot odds are laying me strong enough in case he even accidentally mis-clicked.

I even managed to say that without using all-caps and a million exclamation marks. I must be odd.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that some sort of dig at me?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Adam
Old 04-15-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that some sort of dig at me?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 10:33 AM

Call. Again big pot, your closing the action, call "misclick" value as other poster pointed out, and you get the bonus of finding out what he had.

I really think the most likeliest of hands for him are TT, JTs and AK (this one really depends on how aggressive he would've been with it). In any case, you beat JTs, just call.

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2005, 10:46 AM

"5-10 absolute, however I know the button very well and he knows me and is a very good, thinking player."

So he knows you, he probably knows your tendencies. He is a thinking player and knows there is scary straight on the board. He knows that if you will fold your hand 1 time in 10 to this re-raise he makes money by betting this with 72o.

You are basically worried about AK, AKo, QQ, JJ, TT, 89. What might he have open raised with? certainly AK,QQ,JJ,TT but we can also likely add in KK, AQs, KQs. I am not sure we find more that are likely open raises against 4 limpers.

So yes there are a significant number of hands he can likely have that would have you beat. But the turn play is telling: I would believe any QQ, JJ, TT is raising here not just calling. Would you have raised QQ, JJ, TT in his place?

It sure seems like he may have AK, but that might be just what he wants you to think..... Win this call once in ten, and you are good. You fold here and you basically need to avoid playing against this guy in the future.