Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Re: another 2nd pair hand, flop bet into 3?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No he is saying that on the off chance you are ahead you will be drawn out on frequently because of your weak holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off chance? With A6 (that's what we're talking about here), and the limp-limp-complete in front of him preflop, it is extremely likely hero's hard is currently ahead.

In addition, if one of the others does have two overcards, he is making a mistake, getting only 5:1 with 6 outs, although overcallers on the flop would probably be getting good enough odds, or close to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what would you think about a small pot and reverse implied odds?
Old 04-14-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: another 2nd pair hand, flop bet into 3?

Even if I were very confident that my hands was best on the flop (and I wouldn't be in this case) I wouldn't bet if I thought it likely at least two of them would call. A lot has to go right for you to win this pot. You have to both not be drawn out on AND not be bluffed off of your hand. If you refuse to be bluffed off your hand you are setting yourself up to lose and awful lot of chips when your hand doesn't hold up. Small Stakes Holdem has a section called "Adjusting to small pots" that I think is very relevant here. On page 146 it gives a very similar example to yours, the only differences being that the sm blind bets the flop and you have top pair no kicker instead of middle pair and it says to fold. As MAxx points out your hand has a chronic case of reverse implied odds.

Cartman