Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Locating children from past one-night-stands...

[ QUOTE ]
no it doesnt...just b/c u did some girl for a night and then left and then wonder about it years later does not make you a "father". Sure u have a child out there, but ur no father to it.

And if u left and didnt care for years no she isnt obligated to track u down and find u and inform u...if she asks...sure she should not lie...but its not her job

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely true....but you still have the right to know about it
Old 04-13-2005, 04:27 AM

sure, if you enjoy paying alimony.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:27 AM

wait wait wait...hold the phone and back the bus up

You mean...if I take the effort to find these little (or hey...not so little) ones, take them to Disney Land, win them a big stuffed animal and proceed to promptly right them off on my taxes...that I cannot force them to call me "Daddy"??

This is turning sour fast...I need to rethink this.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no it doesnt...just b/c u did some girl for a night and then left and then wonder about it years later does not make you a "father". Sure u have a child out there, but ur no father to it.

And if u left and didnt care for years no she isnt obligated to track u down and find u and inform u...if she asks...sure she should not lie...but its not her job

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said u didnt....but like i said...its not her responsibility to track down the guy and tell him - in noway shape or form. If he asks then i agree tell him, but after "x" number of years and depending on the situation i will fight him legally with everything i have to keep him away from my child...AGAIN depending on the situation...im not gonna type them ALL out right now...but im sure ill get attacked and have to later. If he is willing to be reasonable about it and the situation is safe and/or stable he may have limited access to my child to "begin" with
Old 04-13-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its alimony?
Old 04-13-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said u didnt....but like i said...its not her responsibility to track down the guy and tell him - in noway shape or form. If he asks then i agree tell him, but after "x" number of years and depending on the situation i will fight him legally with everything i have to keep him away from my child...AGAIN depending on the situation...im not gonna type them ALL out right now...but im sure ill get attacked and have to later

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems pretty selfish. Ever think the child would want to know? Or does that not matter to you either?
Old 04-13-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have never married any of said suspected possibly existant children...In this country
Old 04-13-2005, 04:34 AM

Well damn if you just want someone to call you "daddy" get a girlfriend/hooker. Bonus with the hooker: if you feed her afterwards you might be able to declare her a dependent, in some of the more liberal states (check local statutes).

Cody
Old 04-13-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said u didnt....but like i said...its not her responsibility to track down the guy and tell him - in noway shape or form. If he asks then i agree tell him, but after "x" number of years and depending on the situation i will fight him legally with everything i have to keep him away from my child...AGAIN depending on the situation...im not gonna type them ALL out right now...but im sure ill get attacked and have to later

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems pretty selfish. Ever think the child would want to know? Or does that not matter to you either?

[/ QUOTE ]

i said depending on circumstances...and i would never keep this from my child...he would prolly already know by age 8...i feel its better to tell them young so they dont resent u later, but no man is just gonna walk into the picture and take anything over b/c he is having a midlife crisis - feels remorseful - or loney about his past and want a part in something he hasnt been a part of. I would have to know what he was like, if he planned on working WITH me on the issue, etc etc
Old 04-13-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you call it then, just child support?