Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: My First Year as an Underage Poker Player (Long)

Sweet. But talk to somebody about what to do with the money. Putting in the bank at todays rates isn't much better than putting in your sock drawer.

--Zetack
Old 04-13-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would also like to thank Schneids and Justin A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh c'mon, my biggest contribution to your success has been to tell you to stop complaining about your 5/10 downswings. That's awesome that you are where you are at such a young age. Think of where you'll be by the time you get to college.

My advice to you is to enjoy some of the money you've made. It's not doing you any good sitting around, get out there and start acting like a high roller. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
This time it was $100+9 SnGs. I have been now been playing them for a while and so far have been winning and an unsustainable rate, which makes me quite happy. I really think I have finally found a home and I will be there for a long time, but I never know for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try not to think of it as a home. Poker gets too boring if you just do the same thing over and over and over again. Think of it as a main game, but then go back and play some 5/10 sometimes and keep getting better at it. Eventually you'll learn to crush those games, maybe when you're 16 or so.

Congrats on all your success.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:50 PM

" agree with the other posters. Save it up, invest it, let it grow. By the time you graduate from high school, your college could be paid for."

This statement alone leads me to believe that everyone in this thread is under 21.

The only thing you can invest this kind of money into at 15 that's going "pay" for a college education 4 years later is drugs. I'm not talking about celebrex.

This thread is disturbing. Not to mention, only dorks thought cars were going to get them chicks in High School.

Kid,

If you're a pimply faced 15 year old you should get outside and run a couple laps around the block. You're going to get fat from sitting at a computer desk all day. 15, fat, pimply does not equal chicks. Doesn't matter if you're Bill Goetz in a fruckin space shuttle.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:59 PM

hey man, i can relate, i wa introduced to poker at a VERY early age when my great-uncle held his poker nights and i acted as "the chip changer/ money holder" and as i got older, was dealer, and eventually participated in the games.. as the years went by some of his poker buddies passed away, eventually he passed away, but the point is i had a foundation.. as time went on i drifted back and forth, playng for a while, staying away, and a move out of the country has put limitations on access to games, but i still enjoy it.. good luck with your play bro...
Old 04-13-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG why don't you cashout??!??!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
Im in highscool too, a little older than you though, but I've heard that comment quite a lot too.
I havent played fore as long as you, and is still looking foreward to the day me winnings gets 5 digit.
Its awesome what you have accomplished !!

[ QUOTE ]

Kid,

If you're a pimply faced 15 year old you should get outside and run a couple laps around the block. You're going to get fat from sitting at a computer desk all day. 15, fat, pimply does not equal chicks. Doesn't matter if you're Bill Goetz in a fruckin space shuttle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is retarded. Do some training if you feel like doing some training. And you should be able to both train and play poker. That guy mostly sounds like a 50 year old retard who is annoyed by the fact you have made more money than he ever will [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2005, 03:07 PM

So how long until you're making more than NLFish? <*(((><
Old 04-13-2005, 03:10 PM

I'm 27, with a college degree from Purdue University, 2 kids, with a hot wife that I don't have to bang for a whole month if I don't want to.

I get paid a great salary to do "rewarding" work in the career I chose and I only work 9 months out of the year. Plus I've got poker income on top of that. Not to mention, I've got a credit line that could buy you. So shut yer trap youngin.

Everything you noted from my post had to do with if the boy EVER wanted to get laid. Fat, pimply, and 15 does not get you laid. Actually, even with clear skin, fat won't get you laid. Unless you don't mind banging fat chicks. Just exercise and enjoy your money. End of discussion.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:11 PM

What impresses me most about your post is that you write far better than most high school students do. While you could be a good poker player, you can also succeed at many other things. Make sure you don't spend all of your time playing poker.

[ QUOTE ]
I plan on cashing some of my money out, not to spend it, probably just to let it sit in the bank to earn interest in a safe place. I am not done playing poker and I am not scared of losing it all, I just have an overly big bankroll for the 100s.

[/ QUOTE ]
$1 to a high school student means much more than $1 to someone after college. Spend it now! Also, buy your parents some thoughtful presents. After I took care of college (full scholarship), I paid for a second honeymoon for my parents.

If you can't pay for all of college, you might have to give up a large fixed percentage of whatever you have. This is a strong disincentive to save anything before college. You will have no problem rebuilding a bankroll during or after college.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with a hot wife that I don't have to bang for a whole month if I don't want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just plain wrong man.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how long until you're making more than NLFish? <*(((><

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late.

I've already given Dave [censored] for this too, haha. Maybe Ogre can teach him a thing or two about winning.