Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: To you guys moving up to Party 1/2...

Why not play 1/2 6 max?
Old 04-12-2005, 09:43 AM

guys, you can't expect a table to remain juicy forever.
a lot of the profits come when a bad player (or two or three) sits down, donates their money, and leaves.

you have to be on the lookout for this, and also keep track of the flow of the table.

note the really bad players (maniacs and calling stations) and buddy list them. a lot of profit comes from exploiting them. follow them around.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:05 AM

Do you really follow people around the tables? I find at these levels I don't bother buddy listing many people as I never see them again.

Also I am still learning the game and even playing on tighter tables is good for my 'education'. Learning to play with all types of players has really helped me take advantage of good situations when they arise as you pick up on table changes quicker.
I also tend to play for long periods on the same tables and I agree that it only takes 1 player to leave or arrive to change the complexion of the table. In fact, I have also noticed all it takes is a change in the fortune of the cards for some of the players to loosen them up even once their little rush has passed.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really follow people around the tables? I find at these levels I don't bother buddy listing many people as I never see them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I if I see they are online, yes.
I guess it depends how often you play - if you are playing everyday, say, in the evening, you can and will see many of the same poor players online - many times for weeks on end. eventually, they disappear - perhaps their money finally runs out, or they don't reload...

regarding the second half of your post, i agree.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not play 1/2 6 max?

[/ QUOTE ]
I keep reading 1/2 6Max is a better game than 1/2 Full Ring. This seems to be the general consensus.

I've been trying to play a little shorthand at Party .5/1 lately. Sometimes it works for a while, although a lot of times the table fills up and it's not SH anymore. Is this a good way to prep for 1/2 6Max?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:28 AM

Has anyone ever noticed they have you as a stalker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:30 AM

I've done 50/1 1/2 and 2/4 and can definately say that 2/4 reminds me of 50/1 moreso than 1/2. Not that I'd recommend skipping the limit entirely.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:40 AM

I've caught a guy stalking me. I actually had him on my buddy list as a big LAG but could never find him on a table...he was always logged on, just never playing it seemed. Then, about half the time he would show up at one or more of my tables after about 15-20 minutes. After that first night of LAGgishness, when I lifted about $40-50 from him, he played pretty well.

After a few repetitions of this, I busted him on it. He told me that the night I'd first seen him he'd been drunk, having just been left by his wife, and, in not so many words, said he'd been following me around ever since, trying to get his money back. I told him I couldn't imagine why his wife might've left him, and took him off my BL. He's still following me, but starting to give up; I think he might be good enough to realize that his psycho behavior is affecting his play against me.

True story.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And this is shown in SSHE, where?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is more to poker than just SSH.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:01 AM

I had someone comment on it once. It was like the 3rd time I'd seen him in a week and he was playing and raising any two. He no play gOoT.