Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Pokertracker a must for a SNGs player?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If your multitabling it is absolutely essential to have PT and Playerview.

When the blinds get high and your in SB and you notice BB has a VPIP of 10% it's nice to know you can push with any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW this is the question I wanted answered without knowing it!

Does this work LIVE with the tournament you're playing? Meaning, will PV and PT work together to show me that PlayerX has played seen x% flops in this game, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's a cumulative total. So if you've played against them before, PV will show all PT stats from all previous tourneys. Pretty inaccurate if you've made it to the bubble with them a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can set the filter to only show certain blinds, certain dates, etc, if this is causing problems. I don't know how I'd use it while 4-tabling most of the time. I did use it today when 2 of the games were done and the other two were on the bubble. I pulled up the tournament time window, typed in the names of all the people left on both tables, and then sorted by PF raise %. Next time the guy with 24% raised and I had semi-decent cards, I called him down and bumped him out. Individual results may vary.

On a side note, I think the web replayer thing is much better than the replayer in PT. At least, I like it much better because it looks exactly like Party. It feels much more natural to watch games play back in the environment I'm used to. This might diminish if I spent more time using the replayer in PT, and it is nice if I'm just looking at specific hands (ie every time I was dealt AT) versus replaying a tournament.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:31 AM

Does PlayerView have hooks such that I can overlay my own stuff on the tables, such as the output from my own custom software?

I have some simple requirements that would only require parsing hand histories and doing minimal calculations on the dataset.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately if you play multitable SnGs (as I do) you have mannually enter the info into poker tracker. It records the hand from multis, your place, and your winnings but not the buy-in, # of players, or fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

check out the file pull-down window about halfway down > manual entry.

you can add all of this info into PT
Old 04-11-2005, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does PlayerView have hooks such that I can overlay my own stuff on the tables, such as the output from my own custom software?

I have some simple requirements that would only require parsing hand histories and doing minimal calculations on the dataset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, what calculations do you have on the tables from your own software?
Old 04-11-2005, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If your multitabling it is absolutely essential to have PT and Playerview.

When the blinds get high and your in SB and you notice BB has a VPIP of 10% it's nice to know you can push with any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW this is the question I wanted answered without knowing it!

Does this work LIVE with the tournament you're playing? Meaning, will PV and PT work together to show me that PlayerX has played seen x% flops in this game, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's a cumulative total. So if you've played against them before, PV will show all PT stats from all previous tourneys. Pretty inaccurate if you've made it to the bubble with them a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true, it has not been a problem for me yet as I just moved up in levels but I will have to set a filter as I see the same people more and more.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's in it's own window. That's why I'm thinking that trying to use it while 4-tabling would be hard. You'd need another monitor just for your 4 tournament windows.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:29 AM

can you can use playerview to filter blinds >50/100? (ie: 50/100, 100/200, 150/300, etc)

or only at 1 specific blind lvl?
Old 04-11-2005, 11:41 AM

Erg, I completely read this wrong. Somehow I missed the PlayerView part. I haven't used it much yet, so I can't really comment on it - but the whole 'separate window' thing is obviously wrong since the whole point of PlayerView is to overlay the data.