Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Home Games vs. Online Games

[ QUOTE ]
heres a question for you then. i know it may seem trivial, but i've never really known a solid answer. what aspects of your game change from online to live? as stated above, i am pretty bad at live games. i am never a consistent winner, and allways seem to miss my opportunities to make money. yet on empire, im a pretty consistent winner. what are some pointers for changing my game up for live games?

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno if "you" is the plural "you," or addressing "me" individually, but -

Even when I played alot of 6max I literally never changed gears. Ever. Sure, alot of individual plays would change based on opponents and their proven tendencies, but I have the same tight in the front (pokher in the back! haha.) loose in the back etc etc etc

Live, maybe becaus I feel I can get a better feel for the table, I will shift from tight to loose to tight to loose. And back again.

I think. I could just be hopeful.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Home Games vs. Online Games

[ QUOTE ]
heres another trivial question then. what exactly defines playing looser. does that mean im calling raises with mediocre hands(q10, j10, kj, etc), and fishing more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever mode im playing Im rarely ever callign a raise with those aforementioned hands. And whether Im loose or tight mode I wont draw if I dont deem it pos EV.

Ok, latest example: I was playing 1-2 live game, and it was shorthanded. (very unusual for low stakes live, it was actually my only experience in a non home game where it was 6 handed) and I raised like 4 hands in a row-K9s utg, KTo, A9s, and 97o (on the button) I was feeling loose.

Thats not my norm by any means