Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Sklansky\'s System

Having used it in the heat of battle, I agree Vince.

We spent considerable time modifying the method, actually finishing in the money a number of times in smaller, test tourneys.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me very much of Magic tournaments, where people would often buy the pieces to the "netdeck" created by a pro and reproduced on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming soon from 2+2: "Sklansky on MtG."
Old 04-10-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just for the record, i played mtg for 9 years [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]!

i had a 1930 constructed rating and an 1850 limit rating. i was dealing cards for quite a while too.

ive been retired for over a year now. thank god. although i do miss it sometimes, its alot of fun and mentally stimulating. i dont have the interest in dedicating my time to learning the game all over though of course, with poker being my priority now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main reasons I quit were that it was a drain of my financial resources (which were very limited at the time) and I didn't really enjoy the majority of people who played. My friends and I had a great time but the tournaments seemed to be have many morons that I just didn't get along with.

Limited really sparked my interest, if I ever get back into it I will probably exclusively play limited. Constructed is just too dull for me, especially playtesting the same damn matchups over and over again.