Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Sam Farha is a feared NL player?

I think teh reason so many people think he's great at NLHE is because they are fanboys of the 2003 WSOP. These are the people who talk up MM like he's the next coming. They are products of TV and form their opinions from it
Old 04-09-2005, 02:50 PM

This is true with alot of the overrated players.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:51 PM

Bitch, bitch, bitch...
Old 04-09-2005, 02:53 PM

More on what Gravis said;

they were playing PLO and Farha did give up the button on every hand. The match stared when Farha was challenging everyone in the $4000-$8000 game to play him heads up in PLO. (He was stuck in the big game) Finally, when he said he would give up the button on every hand, Bobby took him up on his offer, but the amount he was to get back (assuming he lost) was only 20%. The first day, playing $1k-$2k blinds, Farha got stuck badly, nearly a million before the they quit for the night, but the next day, when they raised the stakes to $2k-$4k blinds, Sammy won back nearly $600,000. Thus he lost just more than $300,000. It was fun to watch. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
(FWIW, I know the details because I spoke to one of the two parties after the match ended the second day, and during the conversation, inquired about the game.)
Old 04-09-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
last year i happened to be in vegas during the WSOP ME and i witnessed farha and bobby baldwin playing headsup PLO. i saw them at the same table in the golden nugget over the course of 2 days. the majority of the time they were playing 1k/2k blinds with a cap of 100k per hand (similar to the 'big game') but towards the end of the session it appeared they bumped the blinds to 2k/4k with a cap of 200k per hand.

here was the catch, that i only confirmed with other railbirds, sam gave bobby the button on every hand (which was evident by the deal) in exchange for bobby giving back 25% of what he won from sam (assuming he won).

the game was hilarious, farha was constantly needling baldwin and it looked like farha was getting the better of him throughout the match.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, would that be an odd arrangement. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think teh reason so many people think he's great at NLHE is because they are fanboys of the 2003 WSOP. These are the people who talk up MM like he's the next coming. They are products of TV and form their opinions from it

[/ QUOTE ]

Please find/name me one person poster who has ever said Chris Moneymaker is the next coming. Just one.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:57 PM

Daniel N.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please find/name me one person poster who has ever said Chris Moneymaker is the next coming. Just one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anyone at this site would say that, I just said there are a lot of people who do think that and say MM is a great player for whatever reason
Old 04-09-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anyone at this site would say that, I just said there are a lot of people who do think that and say MM is a great player for whatever reason

[/ QUOTE ]

Next coming >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>> Great Player
Old 04-10-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Next coming >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>> Great Player

[/ QUOTE ]

its the same thing when you try having a conversation with the MM marks about great poker players. They always say, see he made a final table on teh WPT, now you have to say he's awesome, lol, I guess you could say those two canadians on teh same show are real awesome too, lol