Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: anything I can do about it?

the initials thing was just for identification, not to deter someone from buying it, but i see your point. still something could be done if acted upon soon after the theft.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:00 AM

obviously you two are dickheads. I'm a strong guy and I go to the gym every day but I just can't take this guy. He's an amateur boxer. It is very likely that he could knock me out with one punch, and from what I know about him, he wouldn't stop there.

So stop giving me [censored] for not wanting to fight this guy. I have been in fights before and I'm not worried about getting hit once or twice. However, I'm not going to get knocked out and have him do some [censored] up [censored] to me that leaves me in the emergency room.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM

well, here's the thing: what can the police do? Some guy says some other guy stole his [censored]. I can get the info on it like the serial number etc. that isn't hard. The problem is for the cops to do anything they'd need to search him and find it or something.

I really have no experience with cops doing stuff about petty theft so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty positive they can't/won't do anything about it.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:03 AM

i don't know with absolute certainty, but if they couldn't do anything, then why can they do something if i say.. mug you on the street and take your wallet? you give them a description of me, they pick me up, i have wallet on me, i'm boned.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:08 AM

how many people do you know that get mugged and catch the person that mugs them? Sure the police can cruise around etc. but if they don't find them right then, well, I'm pretty sure you're SOL. Similarly with this guy, I don't think the cops will knock on his door or anything etc.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:11 AM

You should still file a report with the serial number a description. If he were to sell it to a pawn shop for example it would be pretty easy to trace. Additionally you should report it because it is the right thing to do.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:13 AM

i don't get it. so i guess theft is OK? maybe i should steal some stuff from my neighbors. what are they gonna do, call the cops? "LOL"

not saying you are wrong, but if you aren't, wow.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:13 AM

ok this is good advice thanks.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't get it. so i guess theft is OK? maybe i should steal some stuff from my neighbors. what are they gonna do, call the cops? "LOL"

[/ QUOTE ]

That lol in quotes was priceless. I actually laughed out loud myself at that one. Nice post deeron.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
obviously you two are dickheads. I'm a strong guy and I go to the gym every day but I just can't take this guy. He's an amateur boxer. It is very likely that he could knock me out with one punch, and from what I know about him, he wouldn't stop there.

So stop giving me [censored] for not wanting to fight this guy. I have been in fights before and I'm not worried about getting hit once or twice. However, I'm not going to get knocked out and have him do some [censored] up [censored] to me that leaves me in the emergency room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get a bat jerk.