Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: F U Donk!

I'd rather be a donk than a tool.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Zetack - If you want to assume that someone's an ass in person because they're an ass at the tables, that's your prerogative. The point of the article was to show that this isnt always the case. If i cant change your mind, thats just too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't what I said at all. I take you at your word that you're just fine away from the tables. But so what? You're still a dick at the tables and being a dick isnot cool. I was responding to this:

[ QUOTE ]

But some (like myself) are completely different people once we're away from the tables. Dont hold our dick-ish behavior at the tables against us.

[/ QUOTE ]

And my response is, no, you don't get to not have it held against you because you only do it at the tables. I don't like dicks...so being a dick part of the time makes you money... well congratulations. That's a really lame excuse for being a dick in my view.

--Zetack
Old 04-09-2005, 05:22 PM

I only skimmed the article, cuz lets be honest, it's not like you had anything new to say.

I think your flawed in the same way that people who whine about how AA always lose are flawed. You only remember the times where the donk was one of those idiots that plays worse when you talk crap to them, you forget about all the times where the guy you talk [censored] to, never says anything back, but slowly tightens up over time, or starts to play better.

I'll leve you with this thought. Hundreds of poker players talk about how you dont want to get the donk to change whatever it is he is doing. Psycologists have done studies, 2+2 authors have written about it in books, etc. You're just some guy with 17 posts who wrote an article on his own website......hmmmmmm....yes, your evidence is compelling
Old 04-09-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
150k PT database with 1.7BB/100, 11.6 avg tables.

I must be a donk, you're right.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, didnt you talk about that kind of dick waving in your article??? Lol, way to just prove emonrad right
Old 04-09-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
150k PT database with 1.7BB/100, 11.6 avg tables.

I must be a donk, you're right.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, didnt you talk about that kind of dick waving in your article??? Lol, way to just prove emonrad right

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was clear emonrad was right regardless of that post, although, if you want to see dick waving, just look at my avatar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2005, 05:39 PM

Zetack - Do you you think basketball players are dicks? Have you ever been to a live game? If you have, you'd know that they talk [censored] to eachother constantly. The fact that they're like that wouldnt make me think anything about thir personalities outside of the game, though.

Alobar - the "dick waving" is a problem when it scares donks away. Trout are the only audience in this article, and this isn't a poker table. The stat was simply to try to give myself some credibility that he was bent on denying me.

Tripdad - your response to table-jerks is perfect. Kudos to you.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The stat was simply to try to give myself some credibility that he was bent on denying me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good way to get some credibility would be to stop being a tool. The fact that you think your tiny win rate will get you credibility around here, only further proves what a tool you are.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:52 PM

define tool
and explain why i am one.

please refrain from something vague like "omg well you just proved it right there"

*edit*
Nevermind, ill do it for you, i dont want a BS response.

Urban Dictionary:
Tool - One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used.

Im curious to find out who is using me.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, he's won every one of the slew of heads up matches he played. There obviously has to be something to it. Maybe we should all be donkey punchers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think?...

Donkey Punch (verb)
During doggystyle sexual activity, the man punches his partner as hard as he can in the back of the skull right before he reaches climax. This causes her to convulse and tighten every cavity. The man then holds on for the best orgasm of his life.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
define tool
and explain why i am one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, this is funny.

A tool is someone who has to go look tool up in the dictionary.