Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt poker? any opinions?

if you play highish limits (which you probably don't) the bonus clearing goes fast on full tilt. I really like the site. It's fun to be able to play with the celebs (though not always +EV). They're also the only site to offer razz or H.O.R.S.E. tournaments that I know of.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting ready to make my first deposit. probaly 50 or so. i was thinking fulltilt. is there anything better as far as play and bonus giving?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's as bad as people say for the bonus, since you can clear it playing SnG games.

Full Tilt has the majority of the players on the site in sng/mtt games most of the time. The limit tables are also pretty under-populated. The NL tables have more than the limit tables, but still no more than 5-6 most of the time when I'm on. SnG's though, are always going and always pretty easy. Great blind structure and chip amounts make them actually fun to play, unlike the ones that give you half as many chips.

If you want to clear a bonus doing SnG games, you can do it on FullTilt, although it does take a while to clear. I only play an hour or two a night, and I've yet to clear my $50 bonus, but I don't do ring games. It clears in increments, so you can quit whenever you want and you're not actually going to lose out on partially qualifying for whatever you've unlocked if that helps.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:22 PM

thank you for your response. so for the people who play small stakes HE what is the best site for a 50 deposit and get a bonus fast
Old 04-10-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you play highish limits (which you probably don't) the bonus clearing goes fast on full tilt. I really like the site. It's fun to be able to play with the celebs (though not always +EV). They're also the only site to offer razz or H.O.R.S.E. tournaments that I know of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to intrude on the thread, but I was wondering if you could define what you mean by "highish limits?" I just started working off the bonus on Full Tilt, and even playing 1/2, it's going to take forever.

For what it's worth Re. Full Tilt: The lack of hand histories is a big downside. The software is decent and the support staff seems to respond pretty fast, but the lack of hand histories means I won't likely play there regularly. I was told by the staff that they're working on getting hand histories available, but we'll see. I won't comment on the play because I haven't played there that long, but other than a brutal run of cards my first session, I haven't had a problem beating .50/1.00 and 1/2 and I'm really not all that great.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to intrude on the thread, but I was wondering if you could define what you mean by "highish limits?" I just started working off the bonus on Full Tilt, and even playing 1/2, it's going to take forever.

[/ QUOTE ]
to clear the bonus on Full Tilt in a minimally tolerable manner, you'll want to do at least $3/6 limits, preferably $5/10+ to ensure that you can induce $2-3 rake per hand, which will earn 12-18 cents of bonus. at $1/2 limits you'll likely only clear 3 cents bonus per raked hand (compared to the industry average 5-20 cents at those limits).

if you're making money at low limits on that site that's great, but most likely you can do equally well or better on other sites and make even more bonus in the process on top of that.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:26 PM

Thanks. I never really focused on bonus whoring before, so I'm not up on the best sites to play, ect. I've looked through bonuswhores.com, but I was definitely lured by Full Tilt's 100% bonus. Had I been actively planning to bonus whore before deciding to start on a whim, I'd have done other sites. I do have other money I can dedicate to whoring other sites, so it's not really a big deal, but I think I'll try clearing the FTP bonus as well.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 04-10-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've looked through bonuswhores.com, but I was definitely lured by Full Tilt's 100% bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's not logical, man. BW doesn't even HAVE a link to Full Tilt, so basically you're ignoring all of the good information on that site to go with your own uninformed instinct.

did you get that 100% bonus up front to withdraw right away without playing? no. if you say you have additional funds to whore elsewhere, wouldn't you want to give your business and time to the site which paid you the most per raked hand at your limit? Full Tilt is offering you 3 cents bonus per hand at $1/2 limits, or about $1.50 an hour if you figure 50 raked out of 60 dealt hands an hour (9-max table). Meanwhile, a site like Party Poker pays 20 cents per raked hand for new signups, or $10.00 an hour. is this still not a big deal to you? using percentage match to compare bonuses on different sites is irrelevant if you don't calculate the actual amount of TIME required to clear the bonus. At 3 cents bonus per hand, it would take over 16,000 hands to clear $500 on Full Tilt at $1/2 LHE. give me the same $500 and 16K hands and I'll bounce around multiple sites and I'll earn $2000-3000 in bonus using the same effort. no one says you have to pick one site to play at for the rest of your life. choice is yours!
Old 04-11-2005, 04:04 AM

I'm not disputing anything you say, as you know a lot more about this than me. I will, however, say that my thinking made sense to me at the time. I had already known about the FTP 100% bonus up to $600, so I figured that it made more sense to go after the one big bonus rather than chasing several smaller ones. It's not the first I'm wrong, and it sure as hell won't be the last... as much as it pains me to admit that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Regardless, I have another $1500 or so that I'm willing to "put into play," so to speak, so I'm going to look before I leap this time.

I've only recently decided to make a go at bonus whoring. Up until now, I admittedly grossly underestimated how valuable going after bonuses could be; I simply didn't realize the amount of sites offering bonuses or the frequency. I've also been focusing on improving my game, as that is and always will be my first priority. I've also been hesitant to really put much money up, but as I get more confident and see the money available from playing, rakeback and bonsues, I'm more willing to put more at stake.

Anyway, thanks for the insight. I do appreciate it, and I hope I didn't come off as too defensive.

Steve