Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: 1-2NL Tropicana, WTF do i do here?!

[ QUOTE ]
The small bets tell me that he has a hand he wants to be called with, several trips or a straight fit that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is betting so weakly with a set on that board, he is dadonkadonk, as the kids say (or don't say). He isn't protecting against the straight draw, which means he is afraid of it already being there, and a nice raise might push him off his hand. Seriously, who bets 25 into a pot of 125 on the flop with any kind of a set?

If he has the straight, he is just as foolish for not protecting that against a fillup.

Third, I think that villain will call a raise to 100 with any overpair to the flop, and with AJ, QJ, TJ, J9, J8. If KK is his holding, that sucks, but it isn't likely.

Fourth, you are forgetting about the table coach with his great read on everyone. He is dying to make that great call and will certainly call but not re-raise, as he didn't raise the initial bettor anywhere along the line.

Raise the river and take a very nice pot.

Any other questions?

-Trail
Old 04-08-2005, 01:56 PM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not too flashy but solid... idiot to my right

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about? you don't make any sense. are you asking if you should call? raise? fold?

how many people limped before you? what was your read on everyone else's cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all mason.."not too flashy but solid" was the original raiser.."idiot to my right" was just that....i am on the same level of thinking as trail of tears..he is playing this hand terribly if he had flopped a striaght or has a set....i had more respect for him as a player so i believed top two pair was worth a raise in this situation...i raised it up 90 more on top of the original 25..i quickly get called and idiot folds.....original raiser turns over pocket 9's for a set of 9's [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].....i do appreciate al the comments though, i can see the value of just calling here or possibly even raising the turn.....
Old 04-08-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: 1-2NL Tropicana, WTF do i do here?!

Value raise the river. You can get called by hands you beat here, if you get reraised you'll probably know where you stand.

Preflop I probably would not call KJo preflop against a solid player, unless I thought he could be stacked by a set or straight. Otherwise its just a dominated hand that gets you in trouble.

I would have raised the flop. Debatable but I'd rather find out then if I was up against an OP and muck if ned be.

If not, I would have raised the turn.